Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys want more air in your engine, take off all the hoses going to the Air Filter Box, and the Plastic Crap too. Just leave the air box on with the two holes wide open. Please don't try this, I want to be the only one with this mod.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Actually I have tried this during some experimenting, and it only resulted in loss of power, and frequent drops in rpms during test drive, besides, you dont want shit to get into your engine, like dirt and such...

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
BIGPOPPAPOPE said:
You guys want more air in your engine, take off all the hoses going to the Air Filter Box, and the Plastic Crap too. Just leave the air box on with the two holes wide open. Please don't try this, I want to be the only one with this mod.
You're gonna be sucking a lot of hot air into the engine. Been there/done that.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Re: Re: Take it OFF!

anarchyx34 said:

You're gonna be sucking a lot of hot air into the engine. Been there/done that.
True dat. I took off the little plastic elbow thing that connects both tubes, it sucked in so much ****ing hot air it wasn't even funny.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting better performance

Dudes and dudettes,

I am getting better pick up and more even acceleration now, I am happy. I am thinking about running tubes down beneath to suck in some cooler air, but not sure if I feel like it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I actually noticed that if you only remove the black rubber hose thingy, that goes from wheel well thingy to airbox, acceleration does get more even, but you lose power from it.

Shift points with rubber thing were 1st: 0-60, without 0-50
2nd: 60-110, without 60-97ish

and from there on. yes it does even things out, but the power loss is still too much IMO to even consider having it like this.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haukur ,

That may be the case, but I noticed that we have diff gen's. I am wondering if running tubes or hoses beneath my car to suck in coolder air is worth it. I have two tubes coming off of my air box. I am getting more power, plus, when I really give it the gas, I get I cool deep WOOM! lol.....SH1T, I am in the wrong section LOL!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts