Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone taken their mazda symbols of their mx6's,
anyone know an easy way to do it?
does it take the paint off, or is the paint fine underneith them after you've taken them off.

i'd apreciate any help.

·
Registered
133 Posts
use...

use dental floss, just get it underneath the emblem and pull up. Takes a few seconds.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Be careful... If the rest of your paint is in good condition, you should be fine. However, the clearcoat is something to worry about. When I removed me hood emblem with dental floss, it left an outline in the clearcoat, as well as good amount of dryed out adhesive foam tape. I was able to get the tape off by soaking it with some Fantastik spray, an picking at it with my fingernail. I then used some polishing compound to smooth out the clearcoat. I guess what I saying is just to know what you're getting into before you pull any emblems. It's not always just as simple as prying them off.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I was lucky. I was able to pull all of my emblems off without any problems only to find that I would be driving around with little holes where the emblems used to be so I put them back in. In my case, they just popped out with out much trouble. The only one that had adhesive on it was the V6 emblem in the rear. I removed that, then cleaded the glue with some orange solution and also removed the LS stickers from the sides. Now if someone who knows anything about the MX6 looks at my car, they'll see that i have a 4 Cyl MX6 rather than the V6.

·
Registered
108 Posts
do all of the emblems have the wholes under them ? the hood emblem and both rear?

G

·
No sweat....

see what im going to do is simple..... Im going to take my mx6 front emblem out.. then im going to an unattended parking lot and im going to look for a 2001 626 or protoge or any new mazda then im going to jack the new mazda emblem and put it in my mx6, cuz i think the new emblems look hotter...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts