Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had been speeding up after this car since it passed me on the highway since i thought it was one of my friends friend. we hit a red light. he was in the far right lane that ended. an suv in the middle and me on the right. neither of us launched. i started to but when the light turn green i didn't see him jump so i just go half throttle and than i see him pass from the side of the suv from the right. i floor it than and slam 2nd. we're almost dead even but i was still ahead a little. from 2nd he gained a little on me and than 3rd the same thing.
we were almost head to head but when i hit 4th i start slowly pulling away. sucks for him awd on top end sucks. well i get about a hood and than a pt cruiser gets in my lane so i slow down and he flys passed. we were doing 100mph. well he turns off at next light and i go straight. well i cut around the highway and head back into the city streets. as i'm driving i notice the same talon heading back out towards the highway. i than figured that he didn't want to lose to me again since it was all highway we were driving on so he tried to cut around so he wouldn't have to race me again.
respectable car but without a launch they're not all that.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Yeah...it's probably a good thing you didn't go from a dead stop, or he would have had you. A regular tsi w/ front wheel drive probably would have ahd a different outcome.

Edit* I just saw your other post, and track time/mods. You must have gotten one of the factory freak engines that are in some of our cars. That's a damn good time for the mods you have.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
nice kill, i raced a stock turbo eclipse one time, and i kicked his ass, surprised the **** out of me.....
so FWD are faster except off the line??.....

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mavric03 said:
Yeah...it's probably a good thing you didn't go from a dead stop, or he would have had you. A regular tsi w/ front wheel drive probably would have ahd a different outcome.

Edit* I just saw your other post, and track time/mods. You must have gotten one of the factory freak engines that are in some of our cars. That's a damn good time for the mods you have.
i raced him from a dead stop but neither of us launched. we just floored it in 1st. therefore he lost his advantage.

also about the freak engine. i might have one of those. reason is because peeps with other 6's say they always lose on downshift with gsr's and si's but i've never lost to one yet. that is with about the same bolt ons if not a little more like exhaust, intake and header.

we've raced before and with a good launch i stay ahead but he'll catch up after we finish 3rd but from 4th up he can hardly pull away. my car has great top end. if it's a freak engine i'm not complaining.:D

·
Registered
848 Posts
I don't quite understand how an KL-03 can be a factory freak, unlike a Type-R in which the motor is actually put together by hand, and the head is ported by a human (if he's not having a good day, your Type-R will be slow)

And if it is a factory freak, you should be trapping at 90mph+

Nothing personal, just trying to point something's out:tup:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Juggalo said:
I don't quite understand how an KL-03 can be a factory freak, unlike a Type-R in which the motor is actually put together by hand, and the head is ported by a human (if he's not having a good day, your Type-R will be slow)

And if it is a factory freak, you should be trapping at 90mph+

Nothing personal, just trying to point something's out:tup:
the reason why it was only 88mph was because i let off right before the end. most of my traps are 89 and 90mph on most of my runs. i let off avoiding breaking out of my class time but i guess it didn't help because i broke way out. i wished i would've kept it floored just so i would've known what i really could've hit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
luexiong said:
.... i wished i would've kept it floored just so i would've known what i really could've hit.
Why on earth wouldn't you have kept it floored (class or no class to break out of) at least one run?

Hmmmm....

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
B_Real said:
Why on earth wouldn't you have kept it floored (class or no class to break out of) at least one run?

Hmmmm....
because sometimes you have more pride in winning a trophy than to break out and come home with nothing. also i pretty much know what my car runs all the time anyways so i never keep it floored near the end since i'm usually always ahead anyways in my class.

G

·
Good kill... Hard to swallow but believable. What year TSI was it? FWD would have been a better race.... I think my stock traps were 96mph and stock AWD traps are 90-92mph. What motor is in your MX6? Whats the stock HP for those..... Once again good kill :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SikturboGST said:
Good kill... Hard to swallow but believable. What year TSI was it? FWD would have been a better race.... I think my stock traps were 96mph and stock AWD traps are 90-92mph. What motor is in your MX6? Whats the stock HP for those..... Once again good kill :)
it was a 95 from the looks. my motors is the stock kl-03, 2.5ltr V6, 160hp 155ft lbs of tq. all i have in the motor is a CAI. i've beat the new eclipses too. the 00' and 02'.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Juggalo said:
Too bad I just sold my 95 Tsi FWD:(

why did you sell it???

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
High maintenance

·