Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I am having the TC Spoiler kit put on my car and was wondering something. I bought this car wrecked. It did not come with a front end at all. I am wondering if our car actually has a bumper or is it just a retaining rod in the front. I held up the front piece to it and it look like something is missing. Please help if you can!

Trevis

·
Registered
830 Posts
Other than the actual front bumper, there should be a front bumber reinforcement bar at the front. It's a large ABS plastic type piece that protects the car in case of a head-on collision. BTW, what do you me when you said "...some is missing?"
The front reinforcement is needed, as the bumper(OEM or aftermarket) is set right on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well all there is is a metal rod streching the length of the front. I don't know if that is it or not.

·
Registered
830 Posts
A metal rod? How big or thick is it? I think that you mention that you bought the car wrecked and without front end. If the car had shogun kit before, it possible that guy took out the OEM reinforcement and replaced it with that metal rod, as the shogun kit cannot be installed with the OEM reinforcement on. Since your car is in the bodyshop(I assumed), check with the shop and have manager there to show you a technical manual, you will see what OEM reinforcement looks like. Note, that steel rod dose nothing to protect you and the car, replace with the OEM parts, don't worry TC's bumper is designed to fit with OEM reinforcement.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Like I said, the OEM reinforcement is a "big" piece of ABS plastic type of material that is right in front of the car when you take off the bumper cover, YOU WILL NOT MISS IT. If you don't see it, it's not there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey im thinking about getting a kit.and the tc looks tight.how much and where from.how much do u think for paint and instolation.

95 lx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, you can get them for lower then retail price if you call up TC Spoiler and tell them that you are from this club. TEL [562] 789-5584. I paid 650.00 shipped. Where as normally we are talking around almost 800.00. About the paint it depends on which route you want to go. The base coat/clear coat will give you the factory look that everyone want but for the hardeners, paints, clear coat, etc. you are looking at about 300.00-400.00/ Or you could go my route. Use a eurathane paint. It comes in a mixer. If you are going for a typical color then it will be about 60.00-70.00 dollars. With expierence you can make that look as good as base/clear coat. But that is up to you. Hope that helped. I have painted two cars before with each and they both turned out really nice. If a 17 year old can do it so can you.

Trevis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also istalled the kit as well with the help of my father. We used a super adhessive called JB Weld. It is perfect for lightweight installations. I think the kit costs around 6.99 and you can get it at any body or paint shop. It you cannot find that ask the owner if he knows anything about a strong holding epoxy or super adhessive. Remember each indivdual piece only wieghs about five pounds. Peace.

Trevis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts