Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, TC is going to start to make the carbon hood for the 2nd gen within the next 2 weeks.

Sorry, about all the delay and the non-reply mails. I was away from the desk for 2 weeks(some business meeting for SEMA). And my hotmail account was bombed by bulk mails(1300 in one night).

Anyway, everything else is about the same as before. I'll post the messages again, once TC starts selling them. Don't worry, you guys will be one of the first to have it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
How much are they asking for the hood?????? Real interested.......:cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey coldnoodle, Thanks man.... When you want my money...? I wanna be one of the first on the east cost... Hey do you or can you get me pictures of the 3 color choices.. I wanna now if they match my car and the accent colors... Thanks man Chris Got a nother question can you get the back bumper from the buddy club kit any cheeper..? Chris

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Can we get them predator style, or even like the one on your car? Although I'd really like the one on the racing corvettes, its a naca dust center front and a curved reverse inlet in back so from the front you don't see it an since its curved it looks calassier instead of the honda like square straight down rev inlet almost resembles a power hump from the front and the hole doesn't have a raisied lip so its like the hump is pushing into the hood, I want that! Or the Naca duct could be made into simply a retangular opening up front, vented with round ends to complement our cars! Or....... just kidding but i want a vented hood!

·
Registered
81 Posts
From what I hear you cant do that with carbon fiber... Dont know as the man..(coldnodle) Hes in charge...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will be very tough to make a vented hood looks nice using carbon fiber,that's why tc had decided to make OEM style. I'll post more info, once the products are ready.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Man I would take a vented hood made of glued macaroni if it looked good. ....And it's really not too much more difficult to make a carbon hood vented ( trust me on this I don't wnat to get into this argument again! )

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey coldnoodle, Thanks man.... When you want my money...? I wanna be one of the first on the east cost... Hey do you or can you get me pictures of the 3 color choices.. I wanna now if they match my car and the accent colors... Thanks man Chris Got a nother question can you get the back bumper from the buddy club kit any cheeper..? Chris

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As many of you might already know, TC Spoilers is making the carbon fiber hood for the 2nd gen. The production was delayed because they could not find a hood in the right condition. So, I'm here to ask if any one in So. Cal. area with 2nd gen mx6, will be interested in letting TC borrow their hood to make the mold.

*Keep in mind, if TC decided to use your hood; they will give you a carbon fiber hood(color of your choice) for Free

Here are the requirements:

1. The hood has to be for the 2nd gen MX6
2. It has to be the Original OEM
3. It must be in good condition, no large dent, no body demage and have never been repaired.
4. It will take TC about 2 to 4 weeks to make the mold, which means you will not have a hood for couple weeks.

If anyone is interested, email me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Wow, thats a deal that an Mx6 owner in South California cant pass up. Darn, to bad I stay in TX.:rolleyes: Anyone interested in getting a FREE cf hood???:cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey coolnoodle

hey man few things
1) Thats the hottest mx-6 in my personal opinion I have ever seen
2) Make that hood, i'm telling you people pay for it, or where did you get it from?
3) The front end where did you find that/make it? And if you made it would you make a copy and sell it? Also is there side skirts or did you just use the ninja and what about the back bumper?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry

I'm talking about the custom kit 1 photo that shows front end to back. Sorry about mass posting I just like it and want it:p

·
Registered
76 Posts
Come on help me out with the front

Do you have the link the spoiler, the hood though how did you create it or find it? Man i'd pay for the hood I'd pay nice like 800+ though....

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for everyone who offer to let TC borrow the hood. TC just got a hood today from someone in this club, and the production will begin on Monday.

It will take 3 weeks to finish the whole process, I will keep you guys(and girls) updated.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Glorious glorious day. I'm extrememly estatic and cant wait to purchase one. WOOOO!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts