Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Actually, they are similar , but not the same. The TC kit has different side skirts (they don't come up as high), different rear quarters (slight difference in shape), and the front bumper is not as low and consequently has a smaller mouth.

Personally, I like the TC kit more; that's why I bought it. It is not as aggressive as the Erebuni Shogun kit and not as subtle as the #44. The fact that it is not Erebuni-made and thus will fit without modification was not really a selling point for me, but it is something one may wish to consider.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Let me tell you guys what i think. From some one that has had both the kits>

THe TC kit is a great kit for some one that dont the wild look of the Shogun kit. It will fit if you order it straight from TC Spoiler. The front end even with GC's all the way down it no problem driving around town at all.
I never put the side skirts on my car but they fit nice, not perfect but good enough to put on with out molding. if you look at the TC Kit front end it is a factory front end with a little shogun style bottom to it. its a great kit and wil get looks from people.

the Erebuni and all the other Shogun stlye kits ( other than the Spoiler ECT KIT) will not fit right. they will cost about 2gs to get to fit right.

The Spoiler ECT kit is a great kit now and does fit good with no modifacation. just a little but its a DIY job, i did.

You can layer the back of the front end and the front of the side skirts with extra layers of a fiberglass to make the stronger but will also make them weight a little more. My budy has a kit on his Probe and its on the ground. he layerd it with fiberglass and a truck tire hit it on the road and did not crack the glass at all. i am thinking about doing that to mine so.

just hit me up on AOL IM if you want to know more about kits. i have read up on them and no just about anything that might come up with the installing. i worked with this guy that did his body work to his CrazyProbe(ShowoffPGT) and he told me alot.

·
Registered
102 Posts
After seeing a couple sets of pics of the TC body kit on an MX6 I'm really getting the itch to buy one... specially after hearing there is basically no modification needed to do to the bodywork before mounting it like the shogun kit(s). Does anyone have a website of a shop that sells it? etc.?

Does TC have a website that has more pics??

·
Registered
299 Posts
As for the price..... And where to get it CHECK OUT BULK BUYS........ we have a club discount down to 650 shipped...... its a kickin deal and once I get a new job..... its mine i say........ hehe

Mike

·
Registered
732 Posts
Personally, I like the TC kit more; that's why I bought it. It is not as aggressive as the Erebuni Shogun kit and not as subtle as the #44.
This is almost my exact words. Its why I love the TC-S kit.

Try http://www.carbonhoods.com if the TC-S site doesnt work.

This kit is going to be my next big purchase

1 - 13 of 13 Posts