Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I putting this on here to see how much i could get out of this car if i decide to sell it here soon(which is likely).

it is very nice runs really well for an almost 20 year old car.

it's 1989 mx6 gt with a atx transmission

only has around 89 thousand miles, the interior is very very clean i am a neat freak when it comes to the inside of my car, the outside is no different the car was washed every week and waxed every 3-4, have paint that is only 4 months old or so.
car has no door dings i can find they were all filled in when painted.

has sony gt-310 cd player with sony xplode speakers. it sounds very good nice and clean.

windows are tinted 20% they were tinted by a professional tint shop with llumar tint.

the car has 2nd gen 2inch lowering springs. 18/7.5 adr sokudo 10 wheels and nexen 5000 tires.

the motor is all stock has a cone filter and there is a front tower bar i got off ebay on the car.

the whole engine compartment is very clean i removed the intake manifold cleaned and painted it cleaned and paintd the valve cover and engine block.

car has brand new front brake calipers pads and rotors.

back has brand new pads and rotors.

am asking 6500 for the car would take reasonable offers. that doesnt even cover the cost of the upgrades done to the car none of the time spent on it. pm me if anyone is serious about wanting it and i may sell it...

just checking interest in the car right now to see if someone will buy it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
car is wired for a amp and sub woofers in the trunk.

also the car have fatmat sound dampening material from the back bumper to the doors...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks it took alot of work to get it the way it is... it is a very nice car you guys with low miles would be good for a manual swap or just as a dd.

forgot to mention that the intake maifold is ported to match the gasket size.

6500 obo. i think its a good price considering the parts/paint it has in it and all the apearance stuff i have done to the car.

i would like to sell this because i work at a motorcycle shop and need a small truck to carry motorcycles.

pm me if anyone is interested or has a offer.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Aren't you missing a "0" or two?!:p
Nope. I can sell my XJ right now for 3500 :D

I'm sorry, I don't care how nice it is, no 1g GT is worth over 3500...well, maybe Ray's...but his is one of the only ones.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i dont care how nice your xj is or what you can sell it for or what his car is worth this car has 1200 dollars worth of rims and tires 1500 on paint 300 in the sterio 200 in lowering springs bought the car for 1800, and idk i think i spent about 600 dollars on the brakes about 4 months ago.

so what about 5500 obo would anyone be interested then

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
ok i dont care how nice your xj is or what you can sell it for or what his car is worth this car has 1200 dollars worth of rims and tires 1500 on paint 300 in the sterio 200 in lowering springs bought the car for 1800, and idk i think i spent about 600 dollars on the brakes about 4 months ago.

so what about 5500 obo would anyone be interested then
It doesn't matter if the wheels are gold plated. A friend of mine put 1200 worth of wheels on his PGT before he sold it for 1500...so a stereo/wheels/springs/general maintenance are of no consequence. I'm just being realistic, not being an ass. You might be able to get 2500 for it...might. You're never going to get out of a car selling price wise that you put into, never.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guys look idc what you think about the price im listing it high right now to see if there would be any interest i know that no one would buy a 6500 20 year old car.

just shutup i mean damn yea its a stock auto and you say ill get less than 2000 for it well i dont give a fuck i cant help it your car wouldnt get you 500 dollars if you tried to sell it.

it is one of the nicest 1st gen on this website whether you want to admit it or not.

i didnt say fastest or most modified i said nicest.

if someone wants to make me an offer on it instead of 100 dollars and some raggidy ass xj then please make the offer if not then stop criticising my car and my ad and go look at your 1st gen and wish about makin it look nice because most of these "highly" modded 1st gens on here look like shit.

i dont want the car anymore nor do i care if you do or not. i want someone to buy if for a reasonable offer that they have made me.

make me a reasonable offer. i will not trade unless you have a nice ford ranger ext cab or something along those lines

·
Registered
277 Posts
just shutup i mean damn yea its a stock auto and you say ill get less than 2000 for it well i dont give a [fizzle] i cant help it your car wouldnt get you 500 dollars if you tried to sell it.
You don't know what i drive. I guess i can't get $500 for my 05 Maxima.:shrug:. Yes i did own a 89PGT. I got over $1,200 bucks just for my turbo and manifold. So stop crying. You posted this on a forum for $6500. If you don't want to hear peoples comments post this on ebay.:jump:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I really like those wheels and the car is in excellent shape. :tup: You might be able to get 3500 for it if you advertise it elsewhere. People on here just don't have much money to spend. Its sad but these cars aren't a collector item and whoever you sell it to won't care for it the way you do. My cars are clean too and I know I will never get the money I have invested in them back out so I'm planning to keep them both for a long time.

BTW, wanna trade for a quad? :angel:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I almost fell off my chair laughing at the price when I saw it. Dude we aren't trying to be mean we are just letting you know that you need to be reasonable and put the price down. I am sorry I am the one to have to tell you this but no matter how much money you sink into a car you are lucky to get back half of that. Also being that its an auto you will get even less because no one wants an autotragic transmission. Come down to earth and maybe someone will buy your car.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
am asking 6500 for the car would take reasonable offers. that doesnt even cover the cost of the upgrades done to the car none of the time spent on it.
What upgrades?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wow, nice clean 1st gen. Like others here have said $6,500 is a bit too high to expect for even such a nice clean looking car. Even my daily (89GT,5sp) cost me $1500-AUD of course.

I reckon you should keep the black one and sell off the non-turbo cars at least. Wouldn't mind seeing pics of the other cars too :)

ps. get the wheels painted/powder coated black for that murdaah'd look ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good luck on the sell man but like everyones saying just because you put all that money into means nothing that just in fact lowers the value your best bet is to take things off and sell if for a flat price stock then sell all the parts you took off youll make more money and sell the car faster in the long run

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hey guys, come on. He didnt post this up just so others can bully him into lowering the price. Try to negotiate with him rather than just flat out telling him he's wrong with his origional price. The one thing you cannot put a price on is your love for yoru car. If he feels his is worth that, then let him ask the 6k. It's a free country after all.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts