Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriouslly thinking about leaving the duct tape. Its stylin'.

Also, got rims? :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didnt want to do the fender flares, but I had to to run the big tires. This way I will not only be able to raise the fender line, it will also kick it out a half inch. That way I should be able to lower the car another inch and tuck the stickies. The rears will be tucked for sure, just not sure how much I will be able to get out of the fronts.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How so? :lol: I didnt want to do the flares, but the more I think about it its going to be the sex when its finished. I was contemplating changing colors but goatcrapp is going to personally make a trip to MN if I do. :lol:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
...crazy like a fox!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Exactly!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't know about raising the fender line, you might be able to fit the slicks in better just by massaging the fenders.
Whatever as long as you have wide enough tires to back it up (which you do) it should look alright.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh I massaged them alright :) Creased the fuck out of it. Even after the lip was rolled it still come in contact with the tire. Tires are definatly large enough to fill the flares up.

I still want to lower it some though cause the ride is a rock right now with the coilovers jacked all the way up.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Ummm.. WHY?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:D Fd's are going to be my main rims after I get the flares on. As soon as the snow flies the bodywork starts.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are just some universal fender flares on ebay. I think they were about 170 bucks. After the auction ended the guy emailed asking 2-4 door and make model and year.

The flares are not even remotely close to fitting (as you can see) Im going to have to cut them into peices and fiberglass it back together to get the shap correct. :sigh:

Also Im doing the fronts only down to the fender line, and probablly not the rears down to the ground....

I got 2 missing rims. My sister had a party, broke her foot, and left the garage door open. They stole 2 of the black POS 16" that I have on the front temporarily. I have no clue why they would only steal 2, and especially the shitty ones, when my hyperblack 17"s were only a few feet away, plus my car was unlocked and the windows down with the dash off. My car could have easily disapeared.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
meddeling kids?

damn.. glad to see its still there. i love your car.

i went to the ford dealership today and a few others and i was mesuring fenders on the rangers and pathfinders and such... i think ima do mine.. i need someone with a parts car to cut off some rear quarters for me.. if urs turns out ok i guess ill do mine... (in metal tho mind you :D)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts