Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone please enlighten me as to what is and what does the following do!!

it is a valve or something that is right next to the air filter box, it has a tube with orange dashes on coming from it to the engine,it has a black tube going into it and then it has a third place for a tube to be fitted to pointing out the front ( pointnig towards the rear of engine bay )

this third position did have a short piece of tubing on it blanked off with an old bolt!!!

it is made by mitsubishi if that helps

what is it please and what does it do

pete

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
VRIS Valve maybe ....

Can you take a picture or highlight the part on a picture .... ( There a pic of my engine bay in the member photos if that helps ... )

Regards

G

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
G... it's not the VRIS solenoid valves.. they are at the back of the rear bank.. along with another purge valve.

This sounds like the EGR vent solenoid valve, as it's the only one in that area with 3 pipes.

It controls the EGR Control valve, which allows some of the exhaust gases to be taken back into the inlet manifold to be burnt. this reduces emissions.

One pipe is a vacuum from the EGR vacuum valve, another goes to the EGR control valve. the third goes to the airbox.

the third one is the one that is blanked off on yours.

John

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Probably the PRC solenoid valve.. (pressure regulation control)

John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes it is on a bracket on the air box!!

Einstein why would mine have the blanked off part, what would someone be trying to acheive?

the car has been running crap lately, surging at low revs in traffic rather than being smooth! i have taken this blanking pipe off and it runs so much smoother!

pete

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
That pipe is meant to go into the back of the airbox... air should go through it.. blanking it off could caus your problem..

it probably fell off, and the previous owner didn't know where it was supposed to go.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts