Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well had to take the car out since i just got it back workin after it sat for two weeks w/ a broke tensioner pulley.

im cruisin down the interstate and an integra flies past me on my left, and a monte carlo behind it, so i'm like hell yeah i drop a gear and go catch up. by this point they had slowed down. each had their own lane and were staggered, so i passed the monte carlo and got next to the integra. it wasn't until then that i realized it was a type R, but of course all the more reason to run him. i was doin 70 when we took off in third gear. i pulled on him until about 100, but not too hard i guess. then i think it actually evened out and he just stuck right behind my rear bumper until my speed limiter cut in around 115.

then, the monte carlo who was pretty much left in the dust, started tailgating me, so i guess i had to show him too. it was pretty sad to say the least. this was one of those new, but not newest ones. i think they have 200hp? anyway, it was pretty slow. the integra would have raped it too had they been lined up side by side. i never knew the new monte carlo was that bad. how can they slap a SS badge on that thing!

thats my night.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
I don't know how they put the ss badge on the monte carlo. Maybe if it was the 3.8 supercharged, it could be worthy, but not really. The new ss line from Chevy is dissapointing. Good kill nonetheless.

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i'd say the type r is a much more respectable kill then the monte carlo but im pretty sure that the 04 monte carlo and impala both have that 3800 s/c v6. they also redid some fuel mapping and other things with the ecu resulting in much smoother acceleration throughout the power band, but i think it's still only like 235 hp. chevy's behind the game in the v6 category

·
Registered
848 Posts
Nice race with the Type R:tup:

The Monte Carlos are a disapointmen to GM, how can a Monte Carlo SS even be a FWD V6? Their best FWD V6 is the new Grand Prix GTP with 260 hp (i think)

Juggalo

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I think the lower model Monte Carlo is an LS, what do they have in them 3.1s? maybe a 3400

·
Registered
264 Posts
how close in comparison is a ze 6 and s itr? is the usdm and jdm itr different? i bet that is very close competition, congrats man.

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
the integra i believe has right around 200 horsepower, but it's actually i think a little bit lighter than the mx-6. not positive though. i know it's a good bit lighter than a regular integra for one. come to think of it, that thing was probably slightly modded too, which could put his horsepower at or above mine. it's still a 4 banger with no torque though. not saying that no 4 banger has torque, but that one sure as hell doesn't!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts