Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So quite some time ago I did the Silver Face BomZ Gauge Overlays, they look fine... thought about removing them but at this point I am not concerned with it.

However while I was working on the A-Pillar and installing the new wideband I decided to fix something that had been bugging the hell out of me... and now I have a problem (Why am I not surprised).

Basically before my Temp Gauge Needle would sit very low, below the C almost. So when running at Operating Temp the car was barely above the first line... annoying but only because I KNEW it was off and that if it got to half way or so I was close to being Hot. (But of course I could not know how close...)

Using Megasquirt I watched where it was and what it would do etc. But I thought alright I will remove the needle and put it back on in the proper spot to fix the problem. Came off just as easily as I remember.... and then went on easily.... yet now when turned on it just pegs the needle. :mad:

So before I jump up and buy another cluster to pull apart and swap this section out on I thought I would ask.. anyone else have and overcome this issue?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that too of course afterwards. Oh well time to grab another cluster... and I have a ton of Probe clusters and no mx6 clusters figures.

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
There is still a temp gauge on that 96 m-edition i've been pulling apart. should i see how much they want. Or i could just go buy some small stuff and just "accidentally" put it my pocket.

The boneyard's been charging me list prices lately due to the wonderful economy, it sucks.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need it out of the gauge cluster. If you can get it let me know... 2 Probe GT Clusters in my stock pile but no MX6 ones dangit.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be interested and how do you recalibrate it? Just hook it up turn the key to on then turn it off?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I usually turn the key to the on position and set the needle where it usually rests when cold. Then I start the car and let it come up to operating temperature and make sure it sits in the right place.

It's not an exact science but I have a temp[. readout on my megasuirt so I'm not that worried about it.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm alright well what do you want for the piece you have?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts