Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 4-cyl Auto and recently the temp gauge needle approaches the H mark (especially when the car is runnin in the Park position, not while driving) I have changed the radiator and the new one holds pressure fine. Could it be just a faulty temp sensor, water pump or something else? Please help.

·
Registered
511 Posts
if it goes up really hot when you're not moving, then check to make sure your fan is coming on. also was the thermostat replaced?

if you're fan isn't working i'm not sure how you trouble shoot it but start by looking at the fuse and relays.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i had the same problem.. first check to see if u have any hoses leaking.. that the easiest.. if not then check into the thermostat and if thats fine u might wanna check ur water pump too. hope that helps u out a bit

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
test the coolant sender and gauge... sometimes its the little things

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ran the car with the radiator cap off and squeezed some small bubbles out. However, after a minute or two the coolant level rose and was pouring out of the radiator, so I had to shut off the engine. I am going to check the water pump too. Thanks for all of your input.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts