Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering where the best place to get a testpipe/downpipe for an 89 MX-6 GT.

thanks in advance.

yung

·
Registered
45 Posts
eBay

There was one on eBay last week maybe it will be back up there - but I agree that a free-flow cat would be much more pratical.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
A free flow catylic convertere? How much on average do they cost-installed?

·
Registered
405 Posts
i payed $115 for mine, that was parts and labor. i got a Cat-Co. come to find out those jerks cut the flange off of my down pipe thus voiding my warranty for my header. i hate idiots. i need to go back and have a little chat with them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, my midpipe has a leak in it right now. so if i were to replace it, i'd rather get something better. really, only a 1 hp gain with a testpipe? i thought that it actually made a noticeable difference in turbo charged cars. not alot, but more so than say a K&N air filter, right? if i get a free-flow cat, i still need to replace the piping right? what do you guys think? and what are the price comparisons. thanks.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Basicly it is 1-2 hp with a test pipe. (differece between that and a high flow cat) You can get bolt on hight flow cats, it would make a differece; but I also recomend replacing the rest of the exhaust also as that will make a bigger differece if you still have stock or less than 60mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts