Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
this is as u see an original US car. since it was imported here in the netherlands the former owner had to swap lights to pass inspection.
the guy now owning wanted it to be original A-spec again. i think he did good.
the orange stylle lights on his rear didnt look good at all. and besides that he had the old style lights and not the nice "all glass" ones.

heres a comparison:

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Glad you got them. I was going to PM you.... They look great!!!

I love the E-specs.... but I guess its the same thing I wanted. I wanted a different look other than OEM. I think Im the first A-spec Mx6 with E-spec tails and sidemarkers in the US.:)

Frank, I want some E-spec adjustable headlights now:D
Would that be hard to track down?? The headlights alone, wiring, and switches??

"all glass" ones.
You mean the GenB E-specs?? Those are glass.....
Or people call them that cause theyre smooth? The GenA's have that black strip in between the signals and the brakes.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
lnlogauge said:
just because something is e-spec, or j-spec, or k-spec for that matter, doesnt mean it looks better. The same goes for turn signals.
has nothing to do with OMFG ITS ESPEC...i just so happen to like the espec lightsand how they look...kinda like how 2ndgen people prefer jspec because they have better quality and also LOOK nicer than those garbage aspec

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
just because something is e-spec, or j-spec, or k-spec for that matter, doesnt mean it looks better. The same goes for turn signals.
Most of the time it does look better. I prefer E-spec over A-spec. The headlights, tails, wing, kits..... Theres more.

I want a rear wiper now too. Hahaha

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Im the only person that knows the difference anyways. Only thing people notice on my car is the red rims and my headlights/corners. If I point out the tails they notice the difference.... Well, after I explain the difference.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah - the only people that realy appreciate these cars are other board members any way. (except for the few that are like "OMG is that a skyline?!")

Not to bash the 6, but how many of you have some one say "wow you car looks nice" - Ray you don't count lol

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Just wanted to show the Tail lights on my 1stGenB (1991) E-Spec

And here is the front with typical french yellow lights.

Also I swapped the tail lights between my 90 and 88 (US Specs).
It is amazing how this changes the car ( The 88 ... hehe)

Peace
NSXR

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
n2o_matt said:
Not to bash the 6, but how many of you have some one say "wow you car looks nice" - Ray you don't count lol
i get, "damn that's clean" all the time :shrug: i even had comments like that with my off-color fender. I guess it's the quality of paint and how it's kept up that matters.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
anarchyx34 said:
Now that is something I havent seen before. Do all french 1stgens have those lights?
Yes all french cars have them ... as a matter of fact all cars had yellow lights there at that time. French legislation.

A little history here ... France adopted yellow lights during WWII ... they wanted to be able to distinguish the german cars from the french ones. And things stayed that way till the mid 90s.

Side note: German 1st Gen head lights have an electric leveling mechanism.

Do you actually like those headlights ??? (just wonderin..)

HotAss6GT said:
it's also left hand drive....interesting. i would've expected it to be right hand drive....
France has LHD only a few countries have RHD.
Though I have spotted a British RHD (FE-DOHC 9.2:1) imported to france .... here is the pic:

I am trying to score that one too ( I am becoming a Mazdaholic like Dutch626).

Peace
NSXR

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Dunno if you have noticed but european headlights are wider than us headlights for our cars.

European lights end with the hood line. US light end before.

Therefore, corner lights are different between US and Europe.

In other words, if you want such a set, you will need the corner lights as well.

Peace
NSXR

1 - 20 of 30 Posts