Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 158 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well I have officially concluded that 19's are huge...they fit, but huge. If I ever were to buy wheels again, I would probably go with 9" wide like these are but at max, a 17".

Here's the 19x9" ROH Modena's...

I'll take pics tomorrow when its outside. Other then a morning wipe down, its done.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
You need to steal Neptune's 8-piston brakes just for the show:). Something to fill in the 19" of beautifulness.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
What size tires are those monsters wrapped in?
235/35ZR19 Tires....Fronts are Fuzion ZRi's and the rears are Michelin Pilot Cup Sports (nice tires). The Michelins are on the back because they are so much wider then the Fuzions...scary thing is they fit fine and the car is 100% drivable like this.

Holy crap, what's the offset on those rims, it looks [fizzle]ing amazing man.
Well the wheels are 45 offset, but remember I have 15mm Spacers...so I guess they would be equal to a 30 offset...? I'll have to look into it more. Its hard to tell because the wheels are multi piece and can be customized to any offset, any dish, and any width required.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
lol only 235s? You could get 275s on there by the looks of it ROTFL

good call shwaykid! but serioulsy my brakes would look sick behind those wheels, not jdm but whatever.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
lol only 235s? You could get 275s on there by the looks of it ROTFL

good call shwaykid! but serioulsy my brakes would look sick behind those wheels, not jdm but whatever.
Oh I know. The Pilots in the back are for a Porsche, so they are extremely wide. They measure out very close to 275's since thats what my buddy has on his Vette....thats also why they are on the back!

They may not be JDM, but they are Aussie! Just a little south of JDM land...lol.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I've checked on this thread a few times and now it's my turn to say holy crap you have a nice car. I love the MS kit on a black 6. The 19's are way too huge but still awesome since they're just on for a show. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
matt im sorry but you DO have the most beautiful car out there. ive always wanted to see what a clean 6 would look like and now ive seen it. any plans of hunting down a mazdaspeed wing to go with that ensemble??

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Oh my god, this is the best 6 I've seen so far. You did some great job on this ms kit, congrat. I think it look better with the fd's. :tup:
Thanks. I like my FD's more too...think I've out grown the "flashy" days.

I've checked on this thread a few times and now it's my turn to say holy crap you have a nice car. I love the MS kit on a black 6. The 19's are way too huge but still awesome since they're just on for a show. Keep up the great work!
Thank you as well. I'm glad its being well received by this community. Its nice to know something you literally poured all your blood, sweat, and tears into can still instill pride in one's life.

Thanks again everyone!

·
Premium Member
6,941 Posts
I'm generally not a fan of huge rims either, but seriously man, like holy fuck, those rims look god damn ridiculous on your car, in a good way, totally holy shit.

However, the 235s on the back are wider than the 235s on the front? I don't get it, they're both 235s.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'm generally not a fan of huge rims either, but seriously man, like holy [fizzle], those rims look god damn ridiculous on your car, in a good way, totally holy [shizzle].

However, the 235s on the back are wider than the 235s on the front? I don't get it, they're both 235s.
By design they are wider. What I mean is that some companies design their tires to be square wall and others with a little stretch. I think its performance related since sidewall stretch is good for keeping the tire stable in turns and at higher speed; less flex. But giving more contact patch and a stiffer sidewall like the Pilots are the reason they are almost $500/tire to buy vs the $150 or so the Fuzion costs. Beyond that I can't explain it. The Pilots are the same diameter and marked size, but the tread patch is significantly greater then that of the narrow Fuzions.

Same can be said about my old Falken's and my new Kumho's on my FD's. They are the same size, but the Kumho's are wider. You can even see it in pictures...my Falken's looked stretched, my Kumho's don't.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Damn dude... DAMN... you DEFINATELY proved me wrong with those rims... they are absolutely amazing looking on your car.... holy shit..

·
Registered
752 Posts
Your car looks sweet if i had any money that is what i would be doing. $6000 for the rims well worth it they look great i always forget i got mine cheap there only 17's but i only paided $300AUD for ROH Blade's from a mate

41 - 60 of 158 Posts