Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
With the FD's on, that car is perfect. Absolutely perfect. Still looks good with the 19's, but like others have said, the FD's just suit it so well. Job well done.

If replacement of the cars in the top corner of the site is still being considered, then this car should definitely be a candidate.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yes, it should be broadcasted up there.

and for the MAzdaSpeed Wing, that is the only wing i like on the mx-6, i dont care what anyone says..

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
any plans for the MS spoiler to match the ground efx??
Probably not. Its never struck me as appealing and I've always liked the stock one it has now deep down inside.

the rocks are gunna fly ,lol

~kp
Huh? The car isn't driving on these wheels...just sitting on them.

But thank you everyone for suggesting mine take the place of the legendary silver car up top on the page. That would be amazing to see one day.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Your car would definetly get my vote for an update to the top screen mx6. Either yours or Piers

·
Registered
189 Posts
sexy rims ;) looks very nice on your mx :tup:

do you have some details about sizes, mounthdeep, weight... so thnak u ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Not normally a fan of body kits but those skirts and lip really makes your car look very tidy.. I'd even consider putting tham on my car and that's saying something considering I hate adding weight....

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
sexy rims ;) looks very nice on your mx :tup:

do you have some details about sizes, mounthdeep, weight... so thnak u ;)
Wheels are 19x9" ROH Modena's with a 45 offset and 15mm H&R Trak Spacers. If you were to buy wheels of this size without spacers, you would need to dish them to a 30 offset.

Weight I was told is 25lbs a wheel.

As for available offsets, sizes, mount depth, etc, they are customizable to whatever you want minus the overall diameter. They are also only available as 18's or 19's.

Not normally a fan of body kits but those skirts and lip really makes your car look very tidy.. I'd even consider putting tham on my car and that's saying something considering I hate adding weight....
Thank you. I'm not a body kit fan either, but the way I look at this is its not a body kit, its an OEM accessory. Its the way people (in some countries) could configure the car from factory. Its made for the car by the company that made the car itself, so that says something. And with performance in mind, the complete kit probably weighs a combined 20-30lbs max.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I have some pictures from at the show, but it was just before it got rained on (stupid AutoShow Friday curse). I'll post them when I get near my own computer again.

If anyone is at the show from the site, please take some pics and post them up! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
So its done and thank god. Not a happy camper since the car was lightly vandalized while there...someone decided it would be a good idea to use their finger to write something on the hood of the car. Think I know who it is, but regardless, the point is it will come out without a lot of work.

I wont be leaving it unattended at a show again.

Here's the pictures I told you all about from the show on the first day...

This is it after being loaded on the trailer. Took an hour to do because the car is far too low and the trailer barely fit it.

Here it is at the show.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Those are some siiick rims man, just amazing :tup:

LoL, being placed between those two 'things' really shows off the class of your car.

Looks like you'll be getting #1 MX-6 at MOTM next year ;)

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Those are some siiick rims man, just amazing :tup:

LoL, being placed between those two 'things' really shows off the class of your car.

Looks like you'll be getting #1 MX-6 at MOTM next year ;)
Hahha, I'm going to try. Some of you guys have been making it hard on me though! Thats probably why I've only ever won second! Oh well, its the fun in just attending that I go for...its just a big meet to me.

And yes, the rims really set it off. I'm really happy with the look but they rub like you wouldn't believe over little bumps. If I were to roll my fenders they'd be fine, but I'm not keeping them so it doesn't matter anyways.

If I were to get new wheels I would get 17x8 or 17x9 Enkei RPF-1 Race wheels with either a 215/40R17 or a 245/35R17. I would also remove my spacers to get a bit of dish and run some crazy long lugs to show off the race aspect with my longer studs. But since I'm broke, the FDs will be my wheels for a while! Hahah

Thanks again for the comments everyone!

61 - 80 of 158 Posts