Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to buy an mx6 but what the dif between 1st gen and 2nd gen cause i want to get an erebuni bkit but they only make it fot the second gen. would i be able to customize the bkit for the 92 model

·
Registered
117 Posts
No, the body styles, not to mention the size of the car are much different. You could probably fabricate a kit from another similar sized car with more options. Maybe a 90-93 integra kit or something. They are similar in size/shape. It would take some work though. 1st Gen MX-6s are smaller and boxier which 2 Gen's are longer and curvier. Just find some pics and study em for youself if you are still unsure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Darion said:
The Eibruni kit is butt fricken ugly, though...
You think so? I happen to like it when painted properly.

True, the one on the erebuni site is ugly, but thats the paintjob and red wheels that throw it off.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Diff. between the 1st and 2nd gen

Its a whole different car. The only thing the same is the name

Theres a lot more stuff for the 2nd gen. The 1st gen is a challenge to add mods to but thats what I love about it.

IMO, I think the 1st gen body lines are sexy. I dont think I would EVER add a body kit. I would like to get a custom front lip made. Or find one from another car. I bought new springs and there going to raise my car up some. Since Im going to have more ground clearence Im going to make a front lip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts