Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks.. heres a sneek peak of what is on the horizon at kaotic.. this will be after the 1st gen is done. so sometime early next month we'll be starting.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
I saw those too.........it seems like they threw the wings in the junkers along with those Mx6's. Those 6's need major work!!! Have fun:p

In this pic, what is that cooler like-a-like thing?? Is that an oil cooler?? I dont have one..........at least I dont think??

·
Registered
514 Posts
what are they planing on running on? hopes and dreams
Sorry i had to everyone else still quotes f&f and i just got to it first this time

·
Registered
514 Posts
mx6GT91 said:
In this pic, what is that cooler like-a-like thing?? Is that an oil cooler?? I dont have one..........at least I dont think??
are you talking about the ting on the passenger side by the fire wall? That is a charcol canister, i belive it has something to do with gas fumes or something like that. I dont know why but vapor lock keeps coming to mind? i forget if that has anything to do with preventing it. Anyone know if i am wrong?

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Nice Tony.

Ok. Who here does not know that Kaotic does BODY KITS ? You know, The things everone has been pining away for, for ages now. (come on folks, this the appearance section) They have been working on a kit for the 1st gen Probe for a bit now and it seems to be coming together finally.

Check them out. Small shop, good work. Located Northern California.

The cooler thing is the transmission cooler for the automatic.

Gavin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gavin is right we do custom cars and aero and performance manufacturing.....you know like bodykits, widebodies, and hoods(uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm).....anyways we have these sitting here and were thinking that they needed work.....ideas for the body (hood, body kit and widebody) and parts to make them work would be great

·
Registered
192 Posts
well i was wondering if a wide body kit could be used on out cars what it would look like, could change our car alotl, like any car. Everyone likes the skyline look. Maybe an evo type front bumper even. I just bought a probe gt to make into a fun car and have had my 6 for a couple years. Like seeing you doing some body stuff. Im in ND a far cry from cali but when i go home to NM maybe ill take a road trip. I alwasy wanted to go to california, maybe ill haul my probe there when its done. But thats gonna be atleast a year from now. Hopes and dreams are sometimes what great things come from BTW.:D

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Honestly, people are gonna be picky and a body kit for the 1g MX6 will be tough to pull off. I have yet to see one that I found to be tasteful, folks tend to give them too much of a modern look and in the end it looks like a funky concept car.

However, I saw some of the 1g Probe stuff you guys did and the work was great, so good luck. :tup:

PS: Body kits aren't for everyone, a think a higher demand part would be carbon fiber or any lightweight hood. Toss a RX-7 Turbo II style recessed scoop and you got a customer!

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
are you talking about the ting on the passenger side by the fire wall? That is a charcol canister
No its that little thing above the jackstand. Its kind weathered and looks like a aftermarket oil cooler??

As for the bodykits, no widebody kits.........I think those are so ugly. I think something like the 2nd gen Mazdaspeed kit??

The only kind of kit that I like are little add on lips?? :shrug:
Some kind of a lip kit, I like the way our factory bumpers look.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
IMO nothing beats a nice Skyline front fascia(just take a look at FlipJunkies...what more can I say....Sweeet!) as for the sides and rear well I currently hve the erebuni which I can live with but the fron was a big let down IMO. To recap if you build it and its a direct or very little mod to install and affordable I will buy NOW or even sooner YESTERDAY!!!:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
hey good point, wonder what an add on kit would be with some conservative side side skirts. A "sleeper" kit. GOOD IDEA! thats something id definately be interested in. plus id be lighter and cheaper.})

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we will be making a hood. and all of our parts are direct bolt on with minimal modification. we try to use the factory mounts on everything we do. the kit will not be extreme but built to accent the car and make it look GOOOD :D

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Sounds good, try to see if it is possible to make the hood to have an eyebrow effect(mean eyes) and what material will the hood be made of(ie.fiberglass)??. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it a skyline front end(just like 'FlipJunkies' an you tell I like the front bar on his car lol) :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tony & Crofty;
I hope you guys don't get discouraged by some negative thinking people that you will find on a subject as this. You will find that many poeple are interested in a body kit (me for one). A good thread to look at would be caffeine's on the cars that some have already built, or maybe doing a recent poll would help. With this car a simple, clean, body kit would look nice (personal opinion). Hope to hear something soon. Keep us posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Guys we really already have the whole appearance mapped out on the car; however everything is tenative and can be changed but it has to be agreed upon by myself and tony.
We will post updates as we feel it is necessary when the project starts. I just want to let you know that that way noone bugsus about release times....there will be no release date set.
The parts will be offered in fiberglass, but for a nominal fee we could make any of our parts in carbonfiber or carbonkevlar......hopefully you will like this design a lot better than my second gen mx6 design for andy's autosport

it will be an r33 front but the rest is kinda hushhush, but you will enjoy it i am sure

As for the lip kit....we have three cars and they all need something [email protected] :D }) :E

Also noone on here will discourage us with this because we are making it for us primarily. We are making molds just so those who want something can have it. You guys need not forget we have some performance stuff up our sleeves......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the main reason is they were from a junkyard....parts were already pulled off, also as you have probablly seen pics of the shop tehy are our shop projects next to our second gen probes.....cheap paid for and able to take abuse works for me

1 - 20 of 25 Posts