Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one out there know any thing about the MX6s 4WS system. im from Sydney australia, and i was juzz wonderin if anyone out there could gimme some info about the 4WS. i have bought the haynes book but it doesnt have anything about the 4WS......."can it be adjusted????", "how much does it cost to repair???", "how do you maintain it????", "how will it effect my ride if i lower it?????"........

anybody!?!?!?!? pleeeeeeease help!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my mx is the 2nd gen..... any ozzies out there that can help me out on this ???????..... my car didnt come with the manual book????? oh well i guess thats what u get for buyin it in Cabramatta huh?!?!?!? ;o)

·
Registered
59 Posts
As far as I know there is nothing to adjust on them. Just don't go driving over curbs and stuff. A new rear rack is about $5000.

As for lowering your car, it shouldn't make any difference, ie. you can lower your front and it still steers alright.
But if in doubt seek professional advice.

Trev

G

·
hey all,

mine is 4WS, iv lowered it and had no trouble at all with the 4WS system. the only thing u need to worry about is that excessive lowering can cause massive damage to ur rear guards on full lock. speak to the professionals and ull be right.

See ya

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thankz for the reply guyz!!!!.... u think it would be ok if 18z were fitted and then lowered????...again im worried about the 4ws!!!! thats my main concern cozz like trvorg said, it is VERY x-pensive to fix.....

G

·
Hey,
Iv got 17 x 7 with 215/45 tyres. I hav no trouble with the guards, and iv lowered mine 2inch at the front and 2.25 at the rear. i was told that u will only have problems when u fit 225 tyres on an 18 inch wheel.

stick to 17s for drivability
:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah!!!...i suppose its better to be save than sorry huh!!!thankx 4 the tip DMX62C!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.