Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYWAY, the left side around the wheel has been... tapping. Not really sure how to explain it at 0-40 MPH I can't hear much, but anything past that there's like a tapping noise I can feel it when my foot it resting next to the clutch. It's almost like it makes that noise or taps whenever the wheel hits a certain spot haha idk. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Jack the front end of the car up and turn the wheel and see if you see anything rubbing, or have a friend look as you turn the wheel with it on the ground. If it does it in a certain spot, I'd bet something's rubbing/making contact. Beyond that, tie rod ends would be my next guess.

·
Registered
939 Posts
wheel bearing is a good possibility... when they go ... all sorts of noises come out from under there

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Could be the belts in the tire shifted. Try swapping the tire to a different location to see if the sound persists.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
sounds like a CV to me.

oh im assuming your wheel nuts are tight.
Loose nuts can sounds exactly like what you describe

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL! That's funny because that's exactly what the problem was. I looked at my front tire and 2 of the nuts were missing and the other 3 were loose. No idea how that happened. Anyway thanks guys.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wouldn't call it funny...looks like someone doesn't like you...
Lol I agree.

Good thing the wheel didn't come off....

·
Registered
939 Posts
my buddy had loose nuts and when he was driving his wheel flew off , his car dropped to the ground and his wheel flew into a drivers ed car...
that student was petrified haha

·
Registered
939 Posts
im amazed it took so long for that to come up.. while writing i knew it would happen but just didnt bother trying to make it not... neways PaulG FTW!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts