Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

The rattles.... Can't stop the rattles

730 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Shizznit MX6er 
#1 ·
I've got a 93' with two JBL 10's with a 600 Watt lecacy amp. Any time I turn the volume up at all the back deck and speaker covers rattle like crazy :mad:. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I *%#@ing hate radar traps!!!

#2 ·
I've got the same problem with my single 12". The best way I've heard to stop the rattles is with a sound deading material like dynomat under the back deck & trunk lid. It also may help to put some weather striping between the rear deck and the rear winshield. I've been meaning to do this for quite some time but haven't got around to it. Maybe we could get together some time and try to fix the problem together since we're pretty close? Make sure you check out the BCPOC link in my sig too.

#3 ·
This is just an idea, I havent tried it yet.. tho I plan on it soon.. I was going to use a hot glue gun to hold the vibrating components togather.. hotglue is easy to remove if it dont work and its hard enough to prevent alot of vibration but flexable enough to buffer the space between the space of lets say where the rear brake light fixture meets the deck.. That is where most of my vibration comes from. For now I just put a paper towel in there to seperate the plastic and keep em from rattling cause ive been to lazy to try this idea out.

#4 ·
I have tried everything except Dynomat, and concluded that the rattling in my car comes mostly from the spoiler rattling on the deck lid, the deck lid latch, and parts hidden by the bumper cover coming in contact with the bumper cover. I cant notice any sound inside my vehicle, and looking at these problems and the amount of mods required to fix them I decided to forget about it.

Mike

#5 ·
man, that rattling bugs the crap out of me! i just got a new pioneer cd player installed and plan on getting a system but not if my car is gonna sound like a rattle snake! my rattling is coming mostly from around the brake light so im probably gonna stick something between the light and the panel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.