Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1784 Posts

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
1989MX6 said:
Saw I really clean white '90 626 Turbo on Bell Street, on Sunday afternoon when I was coming back from the Airport. Rego was 'Jet 626'. Nice clean original example; they look terrible when they're riced, and karma to you for keeping your car original.

Saw a Prestige Silver '89 MX6 on the way back from my folks' on the Mornington Peninsular. Exact same car as mine. Nodded to you as I passed but you were a really old bloke who probably thought you were driving a Camry. And probably doesn't have the internet anyway.....

Hmm....
What's prestige about a 1G? :flamer:

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
1989MX6 said:
Crusty, Tripharn, and the rest of the 1st Gen Legion - smite him!
LOL - the reaction I wanted :ewink:

Just checking you were alive still!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Cromax said:
LOL - the reaction I wanted :ewink:

Just checking you were alive still!
After all the study I've been through this year, I'm alive though barely. Aw you trouble-maker, you.... ;) Everyone knows the First Gen is way superior to the Second Gen.... :D

·
Premium Member
3,091 Posts
1989MX6 said:
Yeah, that's the one. Nice condition, isn't it? Anyone you know?

Passed a red First Gen on Whitehorse Road Balwyn, earlier. Good condition; points lost for the big fart pipe out the back, though... :p

Nah, don't know him. NIce car. Also there is a Purple 626 turbo in Mitchem (well it was when I saw it for sale), running a set of S14/200SX/R33 GTS-T rims. Another nice looking Mazda badged TX5. :flipa:

·
Registered
738 Posts
saw a red gen 2 today at highpoint around 4:00pm top level carpark next to rosamond rd. anyone form here>})

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
1989MX6 said:
After all the study I've been through this year, I'm alive though barely. Aw you trouble-maker, you.... ;) Everyone knows the First Gen is way superior to the Second Gen.... :D
HA!

I'll let you think that - just remember who has to have a turbo and who doesn't!

If you want a far superior car, get an early Saab Aero ... they have a rock solid engine, heun from a solid block of granite - rather than the plasticky japanese blocks ;) They can be made to go like stink! (They go bloody fast stock anyway).

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Cromax said:
HA!

I'll let you think that - just remember who has to have a turbo and who doesn't!

If you want a far superior car, get an early Saab Aero ... they have a rock solid engine, heun from a solid block of granite - rather than the plasticky japanese blocks ;) They can be made to go like stink! (They go bloody fast stock anyway).
But their transmissions seem to be a weak point. I would indeed kinda fancy a turbo SAAB of that era but I'm already well along the road of financial dissolution and mechanical disappointment via my present car.

Ho ho ho!

(Come off it - I love my car!)

·
Registered
738 Posts
1989MX6 said:
But their transmissions seem to be a weak point. I would indeed kinda fancy a turbo SAAB of that era but I'm already well along the road of financial dissolution and mechanical disappointment via my present car.

Ho ho ho!

(Come off it - I love my car!)
speaking of turbo saab's i saw one blow its turbo on the freeway last week. the guy was cursing. very funny.})

·
Registered
299 Posts
spotted a white 1g mx6 at aspley maccas today at about 9:30ish PM waiting to be served.. pretty sure it was a series 2

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Gumby said:
speaking of turbo saab's i saw one blow its turbo on the freeway last week. the guy was cursing. very funny.})
LOL - in a saab, the turbo's a cheap part! - he should have been very releived.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
hmmm now let me c
there is a white 1st gen over the road from me
i saw a silver 2nd gen at me mates house in chadstone on the 23rd of dec
i look out the window at home and i c the WORLDS BEST 2nd gen

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Saw a dark blue '91 1st Gen in Burke Road Camberwell this morning. Stock, and in fantastic clean condition. I like! :tup:

141 - 160 of 1784 Posts