Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a while...

You know how we're all pretty mad about cars - we like to go fast etc. The main problem is that we're limited to 50/60k in daily driving and 100k on the highways. Unless we want to lose our licenses we stick pretty close to these limits - even on cruises....

BUT..... What if we had a cruise where there were no speed limits???

This is what I've been thinking - it might be totally impossible, but what if we could....

1. chuck the car and ourselves onto the Indian Pacific
2. hop off somewhere in the Nullabor
3. cruise/fang on the awesome NT roads where there are no speed limits for a couple of days
4. hop back on the train and be home before you know it!

This could be the first trans-continental cruise for any mx-6 group in the world!

Whaddya reckon???? It's a big ask but it could be worth it!!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Ric, I think you should have started the first line with "I have a dream....."

I tell you what it sounds interesting, sounds like fun, and sounds like something 1 in a million...Not to mention sounds like something Ide do!!!

Ric you think you can play God and organise something like that and make dreams happen???

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sound good. I would love those long flat highways to reach max speed. Even a day at a race track will do fine for the MX6.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Good stuff Ric....all we need is time, and um, MONEY !! he he !:D

G

·
0 Posts
Ric, the train to NT/Alice Springs (open Highway speeds) is the Ghan; Indian Pacific goes to Nullabour but thats in WA (speed restrictions). Never mind both trains take cars but I understand from Cannonballers that trucking in cheaper.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:E LMFAO

OK. So the Ghan or trucks it is....

I'll just think about this for a bit more and see what I can come up with... (don't hold your breath!)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Now wouldnt it be wonderful if we could stage a cannonball type event for mxers around australia

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you guys end up doing this, i'll drive over there. my parents moved to darwin last year, so now i have 2 excuses to head out to the unlimited roads })

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I'm disgusted!!!!!!

I'm surprised at you ric...I thought you were suposed to be the sensible one...our glorious leader cum moderator. Suggesting that a bunch of city slickers, with limited high speed experience, head out into the middle of The Australian outback, miles from a hospital let alone an ambulance. With the express purpose of 'maxing-out there MX6s'...Shame shame shame ......
“Can I come?”
:D :D :D :D :D
PK

·
Registered
672 Posts
Blind Freddie said:
why only MXs all cars, should be fun
Just dont stress you fall in the MX6 category...we dont discriminate...

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
"FIRST AID KIT!!!!"
So if some one stacks their car I can stick there head back on with bandaids.... @- I don’t think so. I’ll bring my wife; she's studding to be a nurse.... Let her deal with all the blood and guts.
ON-YA
PK ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Secret identity

heh heh...if you guys do this I'll reveal my secret identity as a medical student (or doctor, depending on how soon you do it) MERELY for the chance to come along.

Does everyone feel safe now??

A

·
0 Posts
save it for xmas - and i'm up for this!!!

just gimme till then for the rebuild - i'm estimated about $3500 to take me to 'the next level' (@290HP) ...i'm gettin there.... but i need till then to complete (its all hush! LOL)

as for first aid - man at 200+ don't worry about putting heads back on - bring a broom, a shovel and a bodybag lol

....maybe this is a reason for that roll cage i'm been toying with.... bwahaha!!

oh... u don't need an engineers for a roll cage? and do ya need to tell the insurance company about it??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts