Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally installed Teins on my wife's MPV. I got new KYB struts/shocks for it as well, and installed my RS-R lateral bar at the same time. Other parts that were changed at the same time include the front strut mounts, strut bearings, control arms, inner and outer tie rods, stabilizer end links, wheel bearings and an axle seal.

It's a 2" drop.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Thats pretty sweet. Always loved the MPV's. Saw one out at a chicago junkyard last week that even had the OEM front and rear lip on it. Was tempted to grab them but figured there was no market for those parts.

What suspension is the MPV based on anyways?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Thats pretty sweet. Always loved the MPV's. Saw one out at a chicago junkyard last week that even had the OEM front and rear lip on it. Was tempted to grab them but figured there was no market for those parts.

What suspension is the MPV based on anyways?
Seriously... :)

Even though they most likely don't share the same suspension, but I'm looking at a late 90's 4WD All-Sport version...just have the find the unicorn (leather, mtx)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I've seen two. One was 4ws 1991, the other RWD 96. Unicorns baby lol

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The front suspension is struts/springs like the mx6. The rear is a solid axle with springs, and shocks beside the springs. The ride is worse than stock right now. Either the springs are softer than oem or the kyb shocks/struts are weaker. The rear kyb shocks compress easier than oem ones so I'm going to swap oem shocks back in to see if it improves the ride. If it doesn't, I may consider cutting the stock rear springs to compare the oem setup with the Tein/kyb combo in the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts