Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmm i have used the search to find the answer but the closest i came was the alternator.
I have a 93 mx6ls auto with 145000km
it is pretty frigging cold here this week jdean55 nows whats up -36c. when i start the car after a second a hear a squealing noise, check the belts they seem ok.
When i accelerate the squealing starts again. This is probably pretty simple , I hear cars driving all around here with that sound. After it warms up it tends to disappear 15 minutes or so of driving.
I checked the sheet from my last tuneup and they mentioned
IDLE BEARINGS need to be replaced.. never heard of them ,may this be the problem?
thanks for any help on this bros

-MAC

·
Registered
45 Posts
This sounds simple. The squeal is the sound of your belts slipping. Should be loudest at low RPM's when the engine starts (or is under load) and goes away after it heats up. It will continue to get worse until those belts are fixed.

My 2 cents

PeMiL

·
Registered
179 Posts
your idler bearings prob do need to be replaced. mine froze and kept eating my belts. but now it is fine.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
if youve checked the belts and theyre fine, its most likely the adjustments. find out which belt is making the noise (alternator or accessory) and tighten them. if you need help with this just ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts