Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yup, just bought it. just wanted to see if anyone would be intrested in me scanning it and posting it here.

UPDATE 7/19/08: Download | Mirror

people keep saying the link doesn't work, so i switched to a better site.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
In theory, I suppose I could help to scan and post online..

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its okay, ill do it. ive scanned a 200 page book before. also my apartment is trashed and i doubt youd wanna come over here.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it came in the mail today! also it already has all the updates attached over the pages and only one page is in bad condition (noting photoshop cant fix) so yeah, im gonna start on that tonight. (read: 1am or later)

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
NSXR was going to make a PDF of a 1992 wiring diagram for me I sent it to him with some parts he wanted. (hes the one who Scanned the Work shop manual)

Then I never heard from him.

Well thats not totally true i did send him a message and he said he was busy with the rally competition. But that was a long time ago.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well im planning to start working on this tonight. theres so many little differences between the 1stgenA and 1stgenB harness it sucks.

btw: theres a typo in your sig DarkMx-6

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is gonna have to be delayed another week while i move again. also i cant find a scanner big enough so im gonna have to do it with a camera and clean it up in photoshop. if you need to see something im me with what you need and ill take a quick pic of it and post it here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all..

Sister just gave me a 89 MX6 as a project car (second owner). Very well maintained, but enough fiddly bits to drive anyone crazy.

Question: Was wondering why the flasher unit has 7 prongs? Haynes manual shows single flasher wiring (3 prong)..

GY in to flasher.. GR out to signal switch.. B ground
GB from switch to left signals.. GW to right

Anyway.. right side isn't working for signal or hazard (flasher unit is clicking fast, left is normal and functions properly). No voltage to right side bulbs (theyre ok). Has to be the switch or open connector?. Color code confirmation would be most helpful. A picture would be sweet :)

Any info appreciated.. Thanks.

·
Registered
450 Posts
HEY DDD! Welcome to a great community. A word of advice from one old dude to another, it's best to begin a new thread with your question instead of appending your question onto another post, even if they are related. You can go ahead and append if you want, but don't expect folks to answer it. Post what you need to know, and I can take a look in my factory service manual (fsm) when I get home. If you gunna be doing much 'fiddling with your new toy I would get hold of a fsm as quickly as possible. You can also get the Ford Probe FSM which will give you the same info. GL to yas!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Jean-Luc :)

Didn't want to start a new thread and do the 'OMG another turn signal noob' routine. Suspect I'll have plenty of opportunity to embarass myself later.. there's a good chance I'll be here a while.

Found a pic on the site (turnsig.jpg) that looks more accurate. fuse -> switch -> flasher -> lights. The wire codes are a bit hazy but I should be able to figure it out and test the switch from the fuse/flasher panels without having to disassemble the column. Lots of good info regarding grounding and such too.

Thanks to whoever linked the jpg. I saved it couldn't find it again on the site. A new sticky maybe? It helped a lot. Chances are it's the flasher.. but this is way more fun.

ddd

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Jean-Luc :)

Didn't want to start a new thread and do the 'OMG another turn signal noob' routine. Suspect I'll have plenty of opportunity to embarass myself later.. there's a good chance I'll be here a while.

Found a pic on the site (turnsig.jpg) that looks more accurate. fuse -> switch -> flasher -> lights. The wire codes are a bit hazy but I should be able to figure it out and test the switch from the fuse/flasher panels without having to disassemble the column. Lots of good info regarding grounding and such too.

Thanks to whoever linked the jpg. I saved it couldn't find it again on the site. A new sticky maybe? It helped a lot. Chances are it's the flasher.. but this is way more fun.

ddd

1 - 20 of 91 Posts