Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi allmazda..

Pic i have is a photo of a wiring schematic.. although there was another that had ground points and such. 94_mx6_signal_lights.pdf looks promising. Sorry.. can't find the links now but they were from a 'flasher' search. (long). i'll post if i find them again

ddd

double post.. i hate when i do that :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here's a scan from my '89 MX6 WSM for the turn-hazard flasher-horn-high mounted stop light. This page was had separated itself from the rest of the book, so it was an easy scan. I can probably get the adjoining pages with connector info if needed. It also gave me an opportunity to play around with Ubuntu Linux and images.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l266/psue_1984/Mazda/turn-hazard2.jpg

I hope it helps. Enjoy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks very much for the scan doorunrun.. nice to have accurate info. The 94_mx6_signal_lights.pdf file has a troubleshooting section which will help a lot too.

1 down... 4 to go.. for now.

I really need to get a WSM. :p

ddd

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dig those pix of compnut21, they have color! My little WSM does not and it can be a pain tracing the harness on the small drawings.

BTW, the instructions at the beginning of the wiring section are very helpful, probably better than any shop manual I've used.

In case you haven't already figured it out, the power source code across the top of the page showing, "A, 2,1, S, B," mean the following:
A -- Accessory Power Source
2 -- Ignition Switch 2 Power Source
1 -- Ignition Switch 1 Power Source
S -- Starter Power Source
B -- Battery Power Source

Now, obviously, when the ignition switch is OFF, the "B" buss only has voltage. When key is in the ACC (accessory) position voltage is supplied only to the "A" and "B" busses. When key is in ON position, voltage is supplied to "B" "A" "1" and "2" busses. Finally, when key in in ST (start) voltage is supplied to, "B" "1" and "S" busses only.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
is this manual posted up for download yet?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
im in the process of moving right now. that and yesterday my mx6 shot a sparkplug out of cyl #2. so unless you want a specific page or wanna help me with fixing a stripped out sparkplug hole, no its not online yet.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
im in the process of moving right now. that and yesterday my mx6 shot a sparkplug out of cyl #2. so unless you want a specific page or wanna help me with fixing a stripped out sparkplug hole, no its not online yet.
If you wern't a country away from me I would help you helicoil your spark plug hole;) can you post up the diagram for the Knock sensor and Knock Control unit? When you get the chance that is. you can post it here, PM me, or E-mail it to me at [email protected]

Thanks

Nathan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the help all.. finally found an 89 626 at one of the wreckers. Front end was missing but interior and electronics will come in handy I'm sure.

It was the flasher.. $10. No more fingers from unsuspecting motorists :p

Guess clutch hydraulics next.. then wipers, cooling, tires, sealing the trunk, cylinder locks, paint.. going to be fun.

ddd

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the update. If you have any luck sealing the trunk, please write it up. I spent a day with the silicone sealing up the right rear tail-light and both trim mounting holes near the rear wheels and the trunk still got a good soaking. I just don't get it. Well, I'm saving it for a nice spring weekend.

--Cheers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not sure where it's coming from. Car was sitting outside for a few months and had fur trees growing in the channels. Thought it was leaking over the rim.

Had it almost dried out then found condensation dripping from the lid the other day. Need a really nice warm one to dry it properly.. but it's damn chilly up here right now. Maybe I'll drop the back seats and put the heater on max. No mildew, but smells pretty nasty :p

I'll let you know how it goes.

ddd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wiring Diagram

If you do get to scan it I would love a copy I have major wiring issues with my son's (no mine as he has left the country) to try to get it going so that I can get it out of the driveway. My wife was driving it one day and I just stopped. After new coil, distributer, hours of troubleshooting still no soark at the plugs.

Thanks in advance
Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
You might want to start a new thread on your electrical troubles if you haven't already. I think the scanning job is a pretty big undertaking and may take time to get it all done.

My workshop manual is the small one and because the wiring is at the back of the book, it's a little hard to get a good even scan. Some of the pages have come out and it makes it easier to work with. You can always fall back on a Hayes manual to get a broad overview of the wiring setup.

I can help out with a few specific pages as we go along. It's helps to know the specifics about your car. No doubt you've searched the forum, but there is good and active support here with folks that want to get your car up and running again.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
broad overview of the wiring setup.
and how.

sorry its taking so long, i just recently found a scanner that is slightly easier to work with and just started yesterday. if you need a couple of pages right now i can take a pic of them to get you started. ALSO if your not getting spark check your ignitor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
NSXRs 92 MX6 scans (General sticky) has far more accurate info than the Haynes manual. (eg. clutch pedal height, turn signal wiring etc etc). I think they used the Yugo as a base model.

ddd

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
UPDATE: i finally got settled down and got the first 61 pages (108 scans) done. only another.....100 pages? ;_;

after this i have to put all the pages back together.

edit: for your enjoyment

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

also does this look okay? im trying to find a program to stitch the two halves together. this is the best i got so far. the top line curves slightly and theres a glitch where the stereo is.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts