Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mx6 Gt is totaled, I was parked in my parents drive way the other day while i was eating dinner with my mom, I went out around 7pm to let the car warm up before i headed home, then i went back inside. I came back out about 5 minutes later to find that my car had rolled down there drive way and into a tree. The car got totaled in the process. I cant believe the e-brake didnt hold. The ****ty part is that i wasnt even parked on a hill, it was on a concrete pad that is sloped just enough so rain runs off of it. I am so upset, i had to let the insurance company take her away because i needed a decent car quick b/c im in college. If anybody on here has or knows of a 1st gen 6 for sale please let me know. I really want to sell the car i have now to get one. The insurance company only gave me $2200 for her and the best car i could find locally for around that price was a damn 95 grand am se, I hate it allready. The slave cylinder, clutch, flywheel and pressure plate all went out with in 2 days of buying it. But if anybody knows of some 1st gens for sale please let me know. It can be a lx for all i care.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The insurance company only gave me $2200 for her
dude, you should be really happy that they gave you that. when my car got totaled they didnt even give me that much, even after i faxed them receipts for $3500+ that i put into it.

but, man, that sucks. seems like lately there have been a lot of accidents including 1st gen mx6's. i feel for ya man.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the support

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
bummer

Rolling down the hill and totaled, hmm.....I think that you missed a golden opportunity ! If possible, after the insurance adjustment, sometimes you can actually buy the car back for it's "salvage" price.
The car could'nt been damaged beyond repair, but it's cheaper for the insurance guys to "total" it out then to repair it. Too bad, as it probably had a good drivetrain and would've been worth fixing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanted to but im in college right now and i didnt have the money to buy it back and buy a reliable car to get to school each day. I wish i would have though, i miss it more everyday. I was just wanting to buy it back and a lx but there were none to be found with a good body. The frame on my 6 was bent bad from rolling into a oak tree. I will get another one though...Im not giving up on the 6 that easy.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
soccerboy said:
dude, you should be really happy that they gave you that. when my car got totaled they didnt even give me that much, even after i faxed them receipts for $3500+ that i put into it.

but, man, that sucks. seems like lately there have been a lot of accidents including 1st gen mx6's. i feel for ya man.
i just got $2700 for my 626 that got totalled. i faxed reciepts for the tranny, turbo, and head gasket that i put into the car too. plus i bought the car back for $200. i think that you got screwed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts