Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just thought of a way to get a ram air set up. i was thinking of taking out the drivers turn signal and running the piping to the intake. using the parking lamp as the turn signal, i mean we do have side markers already. plus it would only be on the drivers side any way. of course the battery would have to be relocated to the trunk. but i think done right it could really look nice and be effective at the same time.

any commment/suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Is that legal?
Where do you live? I'm in Monterey, California, and You'd be pulled over in a second for messing with your signals.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think i will pass on the awd tranny. now if you could get me a j-spec mx6 with it already installed. that may be a differnt story.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone? Plz Give me some Feedback

i dont see why it would be illegal, early model S-10's have a blinker in the front bumper and one side marker. it would be the same concept. it is not like there wouldnt be a blinker.

·
Registered
666 Posts
All I would suggest looks wise is that you do BOTH sides, dunno if you were or not. Maybe if you pull the turn signal out, then get some kind of grill to put there it would look okay, but, I can't think of anything specific right offhand. I REALLY don't think you're gonna notice enough of a performance gain to justify the trouble of pulling your blinker, making the parking light blink, etc...

Maybe you should do like MX6Rocket and get a functional hood scoop. He got his scoop from a 300ZX. It looks great, too, IMHO. You could cut a hole in your hood and everything. I have a scoop and I'd like to do this one day, but, only when I'm about to get it painted. Primer black on a blue car looks like crap.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, i had inquired about the scoop as well. i believe he said it was off a 85 Z. i have also thought about a 2nd gen rx7 hood scoop as well. it would fit perfectly in the center of our hoods, between the slits. i almost bought a complete hood with the scoop on it from the guy i got my strut bar from. that was one bad ass hood. looked alot like the yellow acura legend that is talking mad shit.

i had planned on finishing the corner off as well, not just taking the blinker out and leaving it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts