Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Cool, what kind of mods did it have to out run that Charger that can stand it straight up off the start???

·
Registered
231 Posts
Some really stick tires and about 800hp. My best friends dad has a Buick skylark that will lift like that. $9000 just in the engine.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
A guy at the track were i go watch my buddies race did that to his car. it was something dont recall the name but it broke the wheely bar on the back and it stood it straight up right at the line!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Three things:

1. yes, that is a variation of the original picture that I did, which you can see here http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1677878&a=12876616&p=48254273

2. I just got back from the track a couple of hours ago and there was a Toyota Starlet that did a wheelie just like the Charger, so it can be done and it looks f**king cool in person

3. yes, I can probably do the same editing job with a Probe, but I need to find one in a similar situation as the MX-6, so I either need someone to send me one or I have to go to Probetalk and look through the pictures (what I am saying is if anyone with a Probe has a picture or can get a picture of their car like that, PLEASE SEND IT TO ME; it will save a lot of time)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
just post on PT that you want to do that and they wiill make it or find it on there for you, the pic on the Main Page on PT looks like it might work but i think its going the wrok way. haha

·
Registered
127 Posts
superflymx6 said:
Cool, what kind of mods did it have to out run that Charger that can stand it straight up off the start???
If you look really closley at the trailer there is something under the car actually launching it up in the air.

G

·
0 Posts
I don't see the ramp, but you are so right something had to lift that car. Because the front end of the charger has no damage.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
It can happen dude!!!!

i have seen it done!!! so! a guy broke his wheely bar when he did it. it hooked up sooo good that it stood right up!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm not saying it cannot happen I'm just saying they cheated in the movie.

Does anyone have the trailer downloaded. I have been unable to snag a copy from the servers.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have seen it but not over and over because you cant download it and watch it. i think they might ahve to cheat because you have to get the car to hook up just right, take practice and $$$ film time. so why not cheat. if they did anyway.

G

·
0 Posts
I agree with supefly. It doesn't matter to me if they cheated or not. I like the setup there. (thanks to freak) I like it even better that an MX6 caused the charger to hit that truck!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cheat bars underneath

shoot me I love finding crap in movies that isn't right. Like the motorcycle chase scene in Mission impossible 2. The tires kep changing from street rubber to off road rubber.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Never said they couldn't do it. I have seen that same of the grnad national. And Have seen a Dart crush his oil pan after launching.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey cool PS pic!
Like the motorcycle chase scene in Mission impossible 2. The tires kep changing from street rubber to off road rubber.
I saw the same thing, infact I was watching the tires in addition to the wild backwards riding etc. You will be surprised of the things you will catch in movies from time to time from reflections in mirrors, mics hanging in and who knows what else.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts