Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last two days on my morning drive to school, ive noticed that my temp guage will creep above the norm (halfway), and then flux up and down every once and a while, im worried that it might be overheating. Im not sure that i trust the guage though, because both days on my drive home, it acted very normal, went to halfway and stayed there. Could my thermo be busted, or reacting to cold mornings?, I dont know where to start because it works fine in the afternoon.

Also, when i idle, my engine ticks, is this the belt, and is that bad?

As you can tell, i dont know much, so please dont shoot me down. haha Thanks.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
the temp guage going up and down is probally just the thermastat reacting to cold mornings. it wouldnt be a bad idea to replace it, its an under $10 part. i wouldnt be worried about it though unless it starts running too hot or too cold.

the ticking is pretty common. its most likely your HLAs. its not something to worry too much about. it wont cause major engine damage, and doesnt hurt performance too much. id recomend getting oil changes every 1500-2000 miles until it goes away. to replace all your HLAs would be over $1000 just in parts, and its not necessary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts