Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

how can this happen!!!!!!!!

they've been resurfacing the road... and they'd DONE our bit (obviously not!) and now.... my 6..... HAS GONE!!!!! waahhhhhh!!!!

There are NO signs saying not to park there, no bollards.. nothing!

I've got a number to call... but of course there is no one there NOW!

Can the council really just uplift my car and move it somewhere else!??

Will they bring it back to ME? or am I expected to go on some trek to find it?? Will they re-imburse me for the cost to get there?

Will they insure it for any damage while its in their possession ?

Can they LEGALLY do this? surely this is theft??

I WANT MY 6 BACK NOW!!!!

:cry:

time for :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

any legal eagles out there??

:sigh:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thinking about it.. should I inform my insurance co?

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: bloody hell man ... thats not good at all .. When you get too see it again, i suggest you give it a good look over before, with one of them present, before driving it away. I'm confussed as to how they have done so with the handbrake on :shrug: . cannot move it to put it on one of those 2 wheel hitch type, or load it onto a flat bed... either way its been dragged onto a flatbed or bumped onto a 2 wheel hitch by the rear wheels meaning the front driving wheels have been towed.. backwards. Actually .. you have an automatic, so they could not have done that either... only way is, its been dragged onto a flat bed. Check your tyres and ensure it drives in a straight line.

Think you also need to check up on any notifications about the road being closed or cars needing to be parked elsewhere, and what of anything it says about cars found in the way of progress. Depending on what you find out on that, i would inform the insurance company.

Best of luck with it m8.... Paul

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh sh1t not thought of that!! it was in park with hb on! so no movement at all, it would be locked at the dif... urg! thats bad! they'd have to lift the front but then the back is LOW... damn man.. this is bad... the road was never closed, not notification through the letterbox.. nothing....

will let you know.. thanks for the reply...

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
If you are ositive that you had no notification, then I think you have a good case for a claim... for all sorts of things...

My advice would be a call to a solicitor, regarding any damages to the car, loss of earnings, out of pocket expenses.. etc

keep us posted anyway..

John

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Oddball said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: bloody hell man ... thats not good at all .. When you get too see it again, i suggest you give it a good look over before, with one of them present, before driving it away. I'm confussed as to how they have done so with the handbrake on :shrug: . cannot move it to put it on one of those 2 wheel hitch type, or load it onto a flat bed... either way its been dragged onto a flatbed or bumped onto a 2 wheel hitch by the rear wheels meaning the front driving wheels have been towed.. backwards. Actually .. you have an automatic, so they could not have done that either... only way is, its been dragged onto a flat bed. Check your tyres and ensure it drives in a straight line.

Think you also need to check up on any notifications about the road being closed or cars needing to be parked elsewhere, and what of anything it says about cars found in the way of progress. Depending on what you find out on that, i would inform the insurance company.

Best of luck with it m8.... Paul
do they have those tow trucks which simply have a crane, which they then brace the car and just lift the whole thing onto a truck?

i would be so annoyed if that happened....you should definitely get legal advice, even if its just to know where you stand on the matter

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
are you sure it was your council? maybe it was stolen :shrug:
where was this number to call?

·
Registered
822 Posts
ok better be quick here. First ring the Police and advise them of the situation. Removal without permission or warning is Illegal without police authority!
Secondly ring the council and demand to know if they have removed your car. Double check you didnt get any notification, should have been note through the door and often a note on the car windscreen several days before at least - unless EMERGANCY repairs which it doesnt sound like it was.
If they have taken it without warning then demand they return it within 24hrs and also state that you will be getting ahire car in the meantime and claim for it! Oh also like others have said, do not sign for the car until you have fully inspeacted it and they add to the paperwork ' subject to further checks for damage'. It just stops the ' well it was ok when we delivered it' arguement!

As you can see have had alittle experience of this myself!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FOUND IT!

:D :D :D

They had moved it... rather than taken it...

Not had a chance to drive it yet.. took all morning to sort it all out .... seems ok.. can't see anything externally bad.. i think they must have lifted her!

Phew! panic over...

thanks for all the support folks.. that was SCARY!

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
I would still make a claim. They have effectively stolen the car, and then 'dumped' it somewhere else. Its still highly illegal and as such should be pursued vehemently with a view to making a packet out of these ridiculously small minded ingrates. They have touched and interacted with your property without any prior warning, justification or feedback and as such should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Go for it and get the bastards.

Ben.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Had my veccy lifted in doncaster. The only warning was a tiny unlit sign on a distant wall.

Anyway i parket it at about 10pm on friday night, when i managed to get it back the next day, they charged me £85 for a wheelclamp, £85 for towing, and 2x £25 for 2 days storage!!! Over $200 quid for about 8 hours worth of stealing my car.

No way of claiming against them, needless to say truly midnight robbery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts