Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are things i can check into that wont allow VRIS to work? i just got another pair of VRIS solenoids from a 96 626 auto and my VRIS still wont work, and the vacuum lines are correct...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
what about your check valve? is it ok? it's the green thing under the manifold... if your vac lines are indeed perfect with no swollen lines, and the solenoids have been verified to work (use a 12v source and touch the wires to the connections, should hear an audible click, if not, broken)................... then make sure your plugs are plugged in :p

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
As long as you checked the actuators to make sure that they hold vacuum, then I would look at the check valve like bmx mentioned and the two vacuum chambers under the IM. one of them might be cracked or have something loose, although who knows what the hell you have going on with that KLG4 IM

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check valve is fine.

i got two canisters from hughes. i can check them to see if they are leaking but im sure there aren't

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
only other thing I can even think of is maybe your ecu is going bad? that'd be weird though. check and double check your vac lines or get completely new ones and redo it. recently redid mine and didn't take too long. felt good to have rubber that's not rock hard

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
almost all vac lines are new. i will re check them all. most likely its something simple

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
How to check these parts:

The electric Solenoids -- Connect a negative and 12vt postive lead to the each prong on the solenoid. If it works, you will hear a click. Depending how good it is.. the sound of the click may be faint or very obvious
To check the Actuators, Remove the vac hose, with one hand push the actuator compelty in, with your other hand plug the nipple on the actuator with your finger. Release the actuator rod while still plugging the nipple. "If the actuator remains pushed in while its pluged, It works.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay, thanks darren. this car is REALLY pissing my off.. my TPS is driving me nuts and the IAC is driving me insane... UGGGH these cars sometimes man...

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Good luck with the VRIS. I would say check everything mentioned already. I am sure you made sure to connect everything properly to the KLg4 manifold. My VRIS is not working either but it is because my factory ECU is pretty much useless for engine related stuff. I just tied them open until I have time to control them with my MS.

It could always be worse. At least it runs.

My IAC sounds like a fog horn when I first start it on cold mornings due to a setting that I don't know the correct number for. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts