Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of putting 19" alloys instead of 18's. ive looked at pics of mx6 on 18's and isnt the look i want. any advice on what problems i will come across?? thanks tonka tim :jump:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply, your car looks wicked, how low did you go with yours?? im thinking 1" to 2" drop. im staying standard bodykit and rear wing but want to change the wheels and exhaust because i love the lines of the car. its the best car ive owned

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's roughly 1.8" low but my shocks are shot now so I don't know if that's making a difference.
hi, the car looks great, is that 1.8" with the dropzone springs?

do you have any better side pics of your car, i did think about 19's but bought 18's. you got me wanting new wheels again.

jamie

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
19's will fit fine. But check further into the offsets and widths people are getting away with, thats the key. :tup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
guitardude1568, i saved a picture of your car because thats the way i want my car to look, i like the heavy modded cars but love the standard bodykits and rear wing, clean looks, nice exhaust and big wheels wins it for me.

guitardude1568, what e.t. did you use? and what width did you use on front and rear? and how far did you lower yours? i know questions, but i like to ask others how have done it to gather info. never have enough info :)

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
19's look great on an mx6 with a body kit or a lip kit and side skirts but I would never put them on a stock body. They will look very out of place.

tonkatim74- please edit your original post next time instead of double posting. I fixed it this time.

·
Registered
941 Posts
guitardude1568, i saved a picture of your car because thats the way i want my car to look, i like the heavy modded cars but love the standard bodykits and rear wing, clean looks, nice exhaust and big wheels wins it for me.

guitardude1568, what e.t. did you use? and what width did you use on front and rear? and how far did you lower yours? i know questions, but i like to ask others how have done it to gather info. never have enough info :)
thats not my car thats 14mx6. mine only has 17's

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks chefsp0t, didnt know i could edit my posts. ill take my time posting next time so i won't have to edit. thanks again :)

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
What is the offset on this ?????:confused:
Roughly +30 offset. Wheels are 19x9.

They fit but you need to roll the rear and run high spring rates to prevent rubbing. That and camber helps too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So that means I should easily get away with 18's ???

... I haven't lowered yet, but was thinking 1.5 eventually. I don't want to have to creep over every speed bump and pot hole like a sailboat over rocks ... "oh god am I going to make it? *cringing*

Guy at tire/rim store said wouldn't recommend 18's b/c if I had more than one person in car they WILL rub ...?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts