Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mid 90's Millenia or a early 90's 929

Pros/Cons???

·
Registered
740 Posts
Were the supercharged available then? If so, then that would nice. I don't know much about the older Millenias but the one I owned (02, non supercharged) had already had a tranny replaced and it seemed like there were other things going on with it so I sold it. Great looking car from the inside and out though.

Naveen

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
the 929's were great.

the millennias are also dropping in price... '02's are going for pretty cheap.

as always - avoid the S. you can get an optioned out base version with all the S goodies except motor, but without the S problems lol.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the 929's were great.

the millennias are also dropping in price... '02's are going for pretty cheap.

as always - avoid the S. you can get an optioned out base version with all the S goodies except motor, but without the S problems lol.
What kind of S problems? Would it be hard to swap in a manual in either of these cars?

I would love to have the roominess of the 929 with the JE 3.0 in RWD :D

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
you'll be hard pressed to find an S that runs right. the superchargers grenade, which because of the nature of the engine... starts placing a shit ton of stress on the rings.

the auto tranny's are also shite... same as the mx6, but subjected to more torque.. hence earlier failure.

the non supercharged is just a vanilla KL... and yes, a manual swaps over very easily (or rather, as easily as with an mx6)

dunno what tranny would bolt up to the 929

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
I believe they were using Mazda B-Series tranny's for the 929 MTX conversions.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 929 shares engines/trans with the MPV...don't know if they ever had an MPV with manual, or maybe if a trans would swap over from one of the B series pickups.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
i enjoyed that pic.

I'll enjoy it again in about an hour... and twice more before i go to sleep.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
Um.... wow... I'd enjoy it more if I was wearing a snokal under water and be lying hidden, directly past a trip wire.

"OH!! jeez are you okay? that was a nasty fall you had there, those rocks are easy to trip on. Dont mind that other sharp pole like rock, I dont know how that got there ".
"But let me help you up, and I dont even need my hands". :D

EDIT: Oh, jeez I got distracted there. I guess I got distracted from the scheming. :lol: Jesus I could make that work in some way. Or at least I have a child like faith that I could pull it off.
"Oh wait, whats this? I think there is a little somebody that wants to meet you, and teach you a thing or two or about water safety." :D

Anyway what I came here to ask is, I heard (this is un-substanciated) that Ford/Mazda had a contract with Roush. They were supposed to build X number of engines for Ford/Mazda, but that order wasn't completely filled for whatever reason. So Mazda gave the remainder of the quota to Roush, and they were the supposed to build the engines for the 929 series.
As in, are the 929 engines Roush made? Sorry for my stupidity, I dont now much about the 626 or the 929 at all...
:shrug:

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
turns out the 929S had the JE-ZE :D

yes...gold valve covers and hemi designed head :D Good for 203hp out the box...I wonder what some Megasquirt would do. Also found out that the RX7 turbo transmissions bolt up. This looks like it's getting some legs! Just have to get the title in hand from the state...then I might post that For Sale sign in it once spring rolls around.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
one thing about any older mazda...

it likely won't be as reliable as the jeep lol.

don't get me wrong - the jeeps nickle and dime you to death... but don't really have major failures. those i6's and even the 2.5's last forever.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
one thing about any older mazda...

it likely won't be as reliable as the jeep lol.

don't get me wrong - the jeeps nickle and dime you to death... but don't really have major failures. those i6's and even the 2.5's last forever.
If my jeep was a 4 door, I wouldn't be thinking about this :)

I NEED a four door. Getting my kids in and out of the back seat with a 'coupe' is a pain in the ass. Yes, my wife has a durango, but I need four doors as well. Selling my MX6 isn't an option either :)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
wait, you have a two door cherokee?

those are in demand.. lol.. go to jeepsunlimited and poke around... you'll likely find someone who would trade straight up, with you getting the better end of the deal in terms of age and condition :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts