Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive been thinking about it for a while now, its been eating at me inside, i think ive gone as far as i want to go with the mazda and its time to move on, ive been looking around at 180's, soarers, sprinters even silvias but cant seem to decide, anyway im here to offer someone something very rare and i think we all know what it is.

When i sell the 626 i dont wnt some dumb c**t to get all my hard work so im stripping it back to stock, all that is left really is the ZE IM, the front strut bar, the lowered springs, and the ever so RARE extractors.

I would like to pass on my extractors and ZE IM to someone from the boards but theres a catch, i dont wanna pay any labour costs, and let me tell you they will be pretty high. The extractors are rare as hens teeth and i know you guys wont be dissapointed with them.

Anyway, im open to offers and suggestions, but if no-one wants them they will be left on the car and some lucky b*****d with no idea will get them.

I dont wanna leave this place, and i hope you guys wont disown me, lol, but it was bound to happen sooner or later, ill still be around and even go cruisin with you guys in my new ride...

Reguards,
Tom

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I’m sorry to see you selling your car..but I’m definitely interested in the extractors..
Do you have the stock to put back on or is that going to be an additional cost?...
And what sort of time frame are you looking @..?
Cheers and thanks for the opportunity, it is very kind of you..

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Well it's going to be sad to see you go, well your 626 as well.

Don't worry your always welcome to come by.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No i still have the original exhaust manifold so there is no cost involved there, the only cost i guess will be the exhaust manifold gaskets if there is any?

My guess is that there will be about 8 hours of labour costs to cover, so at $50 an hour, which is what i think they charge, i might be wrong could be less, labour is going to cost about $400 then we got to add freight on top of that too, and i have no idea how much that will be, so im worried it just might not be worth it for some of you guys out there, there could be better ways to spend ther cash.

Im actually going to canberra this weekend to look at a few 180's so if all goes well i could have my new car before christmas, but that is highly unlikely and im guessing it will be around late january.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
i dont wanna seem rude, but why are you gonna go waste ya time on a 180sx? and become like ever other mario hero in melbourne? im guess ya from melb....'unless ya want this baby souly to do drifts'

if ya gonna go get somthing go somthing nice.....,and not somthing you'll be over the next day.

anyways......sorry to hear ya moving on from mazda, and ya little sweet heart '626'

andy

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Well i supose it would come down to how much a shop is going to charge you.. Next time you have a spare min/and are passing one if you drop in and see.. that would be the G-O..
Other wise it is all a bit if-y..

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah everything at the moment is a bit if-y, like you said Mr.MX6, ive already pulled all my stereo out and the standard wheels go back on, on saturday when i can get a propper jack.

In your opinion should i leave the car lowered or put the stock springs back in? I have no idea how to do it and the place where i got it lowered is charging $160 to put the stockers back in... Do you think its worth the expense, will i get more for it when i trade her in?

MichelinMan:
Im from Syd, 180's up here are more of an asian thing than a wog thing so the scene is a bit different, I thought about going the ZE option as the only thing i dont like about the mazda is the 210,000km on the clock, she just dosent go like she used to, but i just cant seem to justify spending another 2 - 3 g's on the car that i will never see again, but i guess any other car will be the same?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Unless you have a buyer tied in for the springs I would just leave them on.. but no i dont think you will get any thing extra for them.. :-(

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
get a gen2

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
arrrrrr, opppps......i didnt c what year his 626 was :p

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sorry to see you selling the 626 dude :(
Why not consider an old (or new if you can afford it) RX7? 180SX's are clitoris cars these days...every **** has one ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts