Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal I want 4gauge power wire to the amp but, I can't seem to find a hole in the fire wall I found one at the drivers side but, can't find it on the other side(inside the car) so should I drill a new hole or what? What I plan to get is a Jl 12"W3 or wait for the W7's with ethier a Pheonix Gold xs2500 amp or a Jl Amp 500/1

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would try to use the existing hole at the drives side fire wall. On the inside, it should be above and behind the fuse box, to the left of the clutch pedal (if I remember corrctly), assuming you also have a 2nd gen. The inside of the hole is covered by about 1" of insulation, so it's hard to find. If you've found the engine bay side, stick a coat hanger or something through and you should see it inside.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS!

I will look for it and start running my power wire back thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Speaking of power wire, how hard is it to run it discretely to the trunk (and rcas...)? I had a pontiac sunbird before, and it was fairly simple in that, but I am afraid to pull the carpet up on this for fear it won't sit right afterwards (happened a teeny teeny bit in the sunbird)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It depends on how many times you've done it. I've done so many installs i can't count them no more, Gmc jimmy, Vw golf, Honda Accord, Civic, Prelude, Land Rover, Mx6, and some more all made to look like nothings there just a box and sub. If you have a small amp like a Phoenix Gold xs2500 you can mount it on the rear deck (where the 6x9's are or what ever they are mine are 6x9's so there) mu intall on my car is ok Im going to make custom stuff ( it's top secert) maybe if i can pull it off. anyways back to the subject it's very east to make every thing look like it was untouched even with my half ass job its stelth (altought the cable from the battery is a bad insall but like i said im redoing it so you cant see it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts