Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
as much as i love FD'S, i have to give my .02 cents on one of the sexiest rotaries ever!

and this is the reason why!

that turbo could swallow small pets and children!

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
3 rotor FD looks better :p

3 rotor is old school, people are building 4 rotor nowadays.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I won't mind the lag if I can get 800rwhp out of my FD :D
Oh yeah for sure...if that's the kinda thing you're into. I'm personally not a fan of huge - laggy - numbers. I like to race NOT in a straight line, so I much prefer a balanced car with a *cough*modest*cough*, fast spooling 425RWHP (coincidently what I'm aiming for:p)

Updates will come shortly about my car for anyone who's wondering why my thread has been quite for a while.

EDIT: Have you posted your FD anywhere ZE Power? I'd like to see what's up with it :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Nah, I'm just saying it's cool to be able to pump out 800+ in a 3-rotor FD, but that's not what I'm aiming for. I'm not too crazy about number, I'll be happy with mid 300rwhp, something not too overboard and will keep the Rotary happy. I'll most likely stay with the twins, perhaps upgrade to BNR non-sequential, that should be good for 400rwhp. Sounds like you are going with the single route, GT35R? 500R?

I haven't post any picture of the car, I won't take delivery till 2 weeks from now. I'll be flying out next Friday to close the deal, then wait a few days for it to get ship in, will post pictures when it gets here.

·
Registered
645 Posts
the Turbo that comes with the RX8 Greddy kit is pretty good, it's a t618z; i was looking at the specs and i honestly can feel confident in saying that it's a good competitor to the gt35r. the flow is almost the same.

Yeah, going single GT35R. Ball bearing for fast spool. I'm hoping to run a similar set up to Fujita Engineering's car.

·
Registered
645 Posts
that's about what I'm aiming for as well, i have driven my friends 326 whp rx8 and wow! it's a different animal. when i had my turbo II i was at about 290 whp and i was happy with it, i honestly dont see the point in owning 500+hp vehicles; when the speed limit in the street don't exceed 40 MPH.

Nah, I'm just saying it's cool to be able to pump out 800+ in a 3-rotor FD, but that's not what I'm aiming for. I'm not too crazy about number, I'll be happy with mid 300rwhp, something not too overboard and will keep the Rotary happy. I'll most likely stay with the twins, perhaps upgrade to BNR non-sequential, that should be good for 400rwhp. Sounds like you are going with the single route, GT35R? 500R?

I haven't post any picture of the car, I won't take delivery till 2 weeks from now. I'll be flying out next Friday to close the deal, then wait a few days for it to get ship in, will post pictures when it gets here.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oh I don't doubt that. The only reason I'm going with the GT35R is simple. RX-7 store has a kit made to bolt it up real easy with the right manifold, turbo, oil lines and down pipe. Included waste gate and hardware for like $2500

Garrett GT35R Turbo Kit

That and basically every tuner who's touched an RX-7 knows how to tune this set-up.

·
Registered
645 Posts
what type of tuning are you going to be using?

RX-7'S are so much easier to tune than an RX8, $2500 is such a sweet price!!!

Oh I don't doubt that. The only reason I'm going with the GT35R is simple. RX-7 store has a kit made to bolt it up real easy with the right manifold, turbo, oil lines and down pipe. Included waste gate and hardware for like $2500

Garrett GT35R Turbo Kit

That and basically every tuner who's touched an RX-7 knows how to tune this set-up.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
That is one sexy 1st gen.

Ugh, I can't wait for my brap brap.

Okay, well, maybe stock ones don't have so much brap going on, but you get the point.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts