Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somthing Crazy.. I have seen the 13b in a MX6 Drag car.. But if you could get it in your car meaning.....93-97 MX6 13BTT Conversion kit.. and yes it would be a FWD.. What would you do?? Would it be HOT or NOT????

Also let me know what you think if you would Do a sti conver or the 13b..

My progress on http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-appearance-mods/213612-what-do-you-think.html

waiting on A Hood... still not sure if this is a good move or i should do the 13b swap............................. :idea:

·
Registered
954 Posts
go RWD it'd be pointless to do this swap and not make it RWD IMO. I'm sure you'd have to do quite a bit of fabrication since there's no ready made kit, also megasquirt is a MUST.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Why are you doubting the STI conversion now? If you alredy have half the parts why not just do it?

I think the 13B swap is going to be way over your head unless you know all the ins and outs of mounting the engine, setting up the trans and differential and re-wiring the whole engine.

Might as well strip it to the frame and get rid of everything electrical in the engine bay and do a wire tuck with a new harness.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why are you doubting the STI conversion now? If you alredy have half the parts why not just do it?

I think the 13B swap is going to be way over your head unless you know all the ins and outs of mounting the engine, setting up the trans and differential and re-wiring the whole engine.

Might as well strip it to the frame and get rid of everything electrical in the engine bay and do a wire tuck with a new harness.
Still doing the conversion will be done B4 Xman.... the 13b was an Idea a friend suggested.. Would be sick and run me the same like the sti converstion... :drinkup:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
why can't you do both? you seem to be very resourceful if you can get the STi parts for so little money. Maybe you need friends that don't have outlandish suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts