Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
280 bucks Its .64 A/R on the Turbine Housing and .80 A/R on the Compressor Housing side.

you think this will work nice?

·
Registered
261 Posts
For 700+hp, sure :p

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
it would work, but you'd be spooling real late.

Whats the flow on it?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
thats really big:D but if your lookin for top end power then its good, I assume its a t4? you be putting down some amazing horsepower w/ that, but you'll be spoolin pretty late

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its coming off a sr20det

I figured it would be fine since thats a 2lt engine isn't it

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
mx6ls_Tyler said:
its coming off a sr20det

I figured it would be fine since thats a 2lt engine isn't it
we spoke, but sounds like it might be a t25 with some really large wheels in it.. ( i think the sr's use garrett t25's, obviously different specs from dsm t25's but still a 25 yes?)

i know my t25 has a .80 a/r exhaust wheel, but only a .42 compressor wheel.. perhaps something was done to it.. find out how stock it is - is it nissan stock off a sr20, or is it one that was used during an aspec sr20de "swap then turbo"?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update:

the guy says thats what it says right on the turbo

·
Registered
744 Posts
You guys are confusing me like crazy. Turbine wheels done have an A/R only trim nubmers and measurements. The housings have area ratios in respect to the turbines, thats all.

If the markings on the housings of that turbo are .80 and .64 then its definitely not a garrett, and if it is a garrett then its a mitsu version of it. I have seen all kinds of T04's and T3's but never anything with those numbers. So its not from a Ford, Chrysler, or american car. Definitely off of a jap trap like a mistsu or nissan.

If it really has a .80 exhaust housing then the turbine wheel is still decently sized but that could just mean housing is huge in relation to the turbines. I will say you should get 6 psi of boost by 3500 rpms most likely. If it doesnt have a T4 turbine, which I doubt it does, then you will be fine as far as power. The bigger the exhaust outlet and compressor inlet the better your car will breathe. I have the T3 from the 2.3 ford and I love 60 trim compressor but it has no breath at 5k rpm's because the 1.5" inlet wont let enough air come into the turbo :shrug: Whatever that turbo is should do just fine :tup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is the pm I got when asking

don't believe its been modified but I really don't know alot
about turbo's other than its a T25 with a .64 a/r on the turbine housing and a .80 a/r cold side w/ a built in wastegate.
Everything is in good shape plus it spins easly and no shaft play.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i'm buyin this turbo for 280

he consistly says its .63 / .80

so when I get it i'm gonna take pics of it for all of you to look at
hope fully this thing isn't too big

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
> > 280 sounds good, which would include turbo, down pipe, new oil return
> flange w/ seal plus coolant connections. I'm not sure how much shipping
> will cost, if its not that much to send I'll just ship it but the turbo
> weighs at least 15-20lb.
> I'll get it boxed up and have it ready to go
how sweet is that save money on "a" flange woot

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
mx6ls_Tyler said:
so i'm buyin this turbo for 280

he consistly says its .63 / .80

so when I get it i'm gonna take pics of it for all of you to look at
hope fully this thing isn't too big
nah those numbers in a t25 wont be too big at all...

if 63 is the exhaust end, it may run out of breath in the upper rpm's when behind a v6... if its the compressor side, its a little more aggressive than mine, and should be perfect IMO.

keep in mind, it will be a great turbo up until its flow limits, but the smaller ones tend to cut sharply at those limits... ;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
The efficiency and surge limit of the smaller turbos is kinda bad for the V6. I have a large T3 (60 trim compressor) and according to my calculations the VE (volumetric efficiency) of our motors pushes way too much exhaust flow past 3500 rpm's and the compressor is less than 55% efficient to deliver the max power. So on a T25 its gotta be below 40% :shrug: Sounds like a stage 5 T3 IMO, but what do I know? I dont know anything about turbos or flowcharts ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well goat and I checked it out the exhaust side is .80 I don't believe this thing will be running out of exhaust at all :)

should be a good build plus I get the down pipe and new oil fittings how sweet is that

oh and note it is also liquid cooled =)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts