Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any one brought a turbo kit from him, did you have to spend more money to get the turbo runing right. what would you rate him on his kit and do you have to modifile it more to make it fit.

let me know for i plan to by one from him and who know where or who make a turbo kit for the mx6 other than TKT

·
Registered
806 Posts
Woah there....Thomas Knight has been into modding cars for several years and knows his stuff, so I would not be so harsh. However, it is true that some people have received their kits and it is true that there is a lot of work involved such as he sends the piping, but you have to have it custom welded and configured. It's not a cheap mod for our cars, but for the true die hard who wants the ultimate performance mod for our cars. Either way you go about turbo it is kind of a custom thing, TKT just gives you all the pieces so you don't have to scrounge around. Yes, you can spend about as much money and even more time getting it installed, tuned and working like it should.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of welding do need to do and do you think i should go for it man :eek:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The welding mentioned is for the IC piping. You could use silicone IC connectors, which will work good, but welding the pipes is probably best. Yes the connectors are easier, but when done right (air tight), welding will hold together much better. Have you looked into the supercharger kit at all? It is an easier setup then turbo, plus you still have the option of running a set of headers. Depending on the SC unit, there won't be a need for oil or water cooling lines as the case with turbo. If your still new to forced induction (this goes for anyone...) I recommend getting your hands on 'Maximum Boost' by Corky Bell. You'll learn more then you need...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
This turbo kit, once isntalled properly, will definitely be worth it. The main problem people have had with this kit is that it's by no means a "bolt on" kit as it may be advertized. Basically, you're better off making your own custom kit because you'll probably wind up having to do as much work to get it installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts