Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imagine someone else here has an mx6 with horrible power windows right? my driver side one is totally shot and gets stuck half way as it tries to roll up making this awful noise that my friends describe as 'a drive by shooting'...its weird though, because in the rain the windows go up an down easier, but still with noise...i was told the bearings or the gears in the window's motor are shot...what do you guys think? and how much is a new power window motor...are they easy to install?

·
Registered
345 Posts
FORGET THAT

all u need is some silicone spray at your local hardware store. $5 is all you should be spending. We all had the same problem there was a lot of posts on the subject so far. Take that silicone spray and sprays it on the weather striping and all around where ever the window slides. Move it up and down a couple of times and voila, it should move like a charm. No gears here either. It is just a tube with a buncho' silicone balls in it tha move the window up. Mine did not work at all and they work like new. Motor is fine so is the mechanism. :E

1 - 3 of 3 Posts