Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i was to run NOS on my car would it still trigger the overboost so id get likea boost cut sorta situation ? just something i was thinking about..

Mainly like nos for the purge at the lights :p to scare people :p

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Let me help first. Nitrous will not cause you to hit your air flow limit as it is not read by the VAF. I would recommend a wet setup as they seem to be safer.

NOS = brand, Nitrous = the item in question. If you're talking about a NOS kit, that's fine, you can refer to it as NOS. But I have a feeling you aren't sure what kit you're going to go with yet other than possibly wanting to say "I got NOS" so you'll possibly go with that one.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Technically you can say NOS after all it does mean a Nitrous Oxide System doesnt it?? But yes Nos is the brand name..

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
How would you refer to the brand NOS specifically?

"Nitrous Oxide Systems" is what NOS stands for. But that is still a brand. I suppose if you lowercase it, it might get you by. But then again, since you don't specify it, we'll likely still think you mean "NOS" and some aren't quite as helpful to people who use such a general (and typically ricer-ish) term.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I understand totally just playing around, I have seen nitrous abbreviated to nos before in terms of nitrous rather than company that was all I meant..but you are right in all you say not disputing that at all.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Yeah, it's either lazy people (too lazy to type ot Nitrous or N2O) or it's ignorant people.

It's all good though. I was still trying to be helpful while being informative. :tup:

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
yeah a wet type for a about 50 -75HP is safe - question is wher to put it. if you had an after market TB boot - I would put the nossle put right there aimed into the Tb for a good shot.

a wet type easy setup as long as you don't run too much boost it won't spike.
You have to remember when it hits the exhuast flow will go banannas and then your turbo will spike - hello boost cut. for this reason you could only really I think run a top end shot. Not for one out of the hole.

I personally feal nitrous is a waste in Australia as you can't use it on the street - most compition sports don't use it. On the track it's very hard. But can be used effectivly on a quick lap.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just a thought... waste of time really hit the nos get bosot cut and id go slower :(

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
There are some cheap systems around at the moment... although getting caught would not be fun. Just need to get boost cut removed :)

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
The air flow cut will not be hit because of Nitrous except possibly causing you to spool up a little more boost from the added exhaust. I'd suggest trying again and lowering the boost you're expecting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts