Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Speeding reckless 100+mph = jail time in VA. I deserved it for going that fast.:tdown:

I was suppose to be in the "new area" with other same type offenders but got put into maximum security with guys who were spending years. It was the worst time of my life for sure, it was depressing. I couldn't sleep or eat for three days, I gave my trays to the other guys and just drank the juices. I can't even imagine these guys waking up day after day like this for years....:(

Just thought I would share.

Naveen

PS. Forgot to add....DAMN SPEED3!!!

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
holy fuck dude.

did you hire a lawyer?

I'm less concerned with the jailtime than i would be with the record. ANY job you apply for now - this will turn up as a huge red flag.

·
Registered
784 Posts
no kidding. In a professional setting you are pretty screwed. DEff something I wouldnt put on a resume lol. I got a buddy who did a couple of years in a fed pen. Not too bad. Just be careful man, but I dont guess I have to tell you that now since you will be suspended from drivng for a while

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I guess we should change your name to Phat6inTehClink :D

Hope you didn't drop teh soap homey ;)

Btw, I've spent time in jail before, nothing too big. I just went batshiat crazy because I couldn't have any cigarettes for two days.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holy [fizzle] dude.

did you hire a lawyer?

I'm less concerned with the jailtime than i would be with the record. ANY job you apply for now - this will turn up as a huge red flag.
I had a lawyer, and that is why I only got three days. I don't remember exactly but I was sentenced to 30 days with $2500 fine and 3 years probation. The lawyer somehow got it down to 5 days and then down to 3 days, $1000 fine, 1 year probation, and 3 months restricted license for work and school only.

no kidding. In a professional setting you are pretty screwed. DEff something I wouldnt put on a resume lol. I got a buddy who did a couple of years in a fed pen. Not too bad. Just be careful man, but I dont guess I have to tell you that now since you will be suspended from drivng for a while
3 months restricted, 12 months probation.

I guess we should change your name to Phat6inTehClink :D

Hope you didn't drop teh soap homey ;)

Btw, I've spent time in jail before, nothing too big. I just went batshiat crazy because I couldn't have any cigarettes for two days.
The guys I was in with were cool so my ass got lucky (literally). It was the setting that was making me go crazy and I missed my girl/friends/family like that for the first time ever...

Naveen

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
more importantly.. will it go on your record? it could easily be marked up to administrative holding, instead of jailtime.. which is the difference between being a parolee or not.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was classified as a class 1 misdemeanor. Should I ask my lawyer about that? I will consider myself very lucky if it doesn't show up on my record. I was sentenced and picked a date to go in, I checked in on that day and was released three days later.

Naveen

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
sick, for some reason I always thought you were a *****. Luckily I haven't had any run-ins with the police that were anything too serious, despite my checkered past. My 152 in a 25 wouldn't have gone over well with the man in the black robe.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
It happened when he was racing in his white corvette, against this sleek black car driven by charlie sheen.

They came around a bend, and entered a school zone.

White knew that the last time one of his buddies raced this guy,. they wound up in a ball of flames... so he put the pedal to the metal because he didn't want to share the same fate.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I hate driving in virgina they're speeding tickets are rediculous, the cops are everywhere and they're total pricks.

My buddy got a reckless charge for going 85 in a 65. Around PA they won't even pull you over if your going under 80 and an 85 is going to be like a $250 ticket. In ohio it would only be ~$120.

He walked away with a $500 dollar fine for "dangerous driving" after having to spend another 500 on a lwayer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts