Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put thermo spacers on my IM and TB. Since then my car has been gettin to the point of overheating... When i accelerate (driving) the engine seems to cool down, but when im at idle, reving or coming to a stop after accelerating the temp gauge gets way up to H, almost.

Im thinking i may have installed the coolant lines to the TB wrong, and i cant remember how they were in the first place. So my qeastion is, Which line goes where...

The facts.
There is a short hose, and a slightly longer hose, the short hose i can see where it connects to the longer one travles towards the front of the engine and the short hose just goes strait down from the TB. There are two nipples on the TB, one is on the outside of the TB (towards the intake) and the other is towards the IM.

So now that i got that coverd, maybe some one can help me, wich line goes where? right now i got the short line connected to the IM side nipple and the longer one connected to the intake side,

Yet maybe it was all because i lost a lot of coolant, and it took a while to cycle throught the engine? i opened the car up after 10 min of putting fluid in and it seemed to stay steady.... But better safe then sorry.

Please help

·
Registered
146 Posts
it doesn't matter which coolant hose goes where in the TB because it just cycles through, but I think you have it right. If you lost a lot of coolant that is most likely the problem. Coolant does not cycle throughthe engine. What does that mean, you "opened the car up after 10 min of putting fluid in it"? And were you saying it's running okay now, the last paragraph was a little confusing.

Anyway, if you're still overheating, check that your radiator fan is working. Once your temp guage reaches a bit above halfway it should come on. Post back if you're still having probs.

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
mvaughn1 is right, the throttle body is not causing your car to overheat. I remember there was a ground that I forgot to connect when I did the clutch that attached to a mount near the fuel filter, without that specific eye connected to a grouned source the fans would not come on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
YOU SUCK (you don't really suck) - why can't my fixes be that easy?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts