Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced My racing partners 94' V8 thunderbird, and i beat him by a half a car lenght. We have been going at it for a while now. I am glad we are on the same team though. This thunderbird had a 100 shot of NOS, slammed 3inches, and running straight off the CATS, of course i basically did all the work to the car. There pretty quick. But one time he was empty on NOs and telling me how is car was quicker than mine so i told him to shut the f*** up and put your money were your mouth is. So we raced twice. I Beat him by a half of a car lenght each time. I can't believe he is that quick though. But he did get his trans rebuilt, and i do believe he has the "quick one". What the "quick one" is out of every 100 or 1000 cars built there is gonna be one that is quicker than all the rest (at least thats what a million mechanics have told me).

·
Registered
734 Posts
Tell him he may have a recall on his intake manifold. It is a mess when it goes. Also, have him see if he can get a throttle body and intake off a 96 or 97 and put it on his car it will sure help. I had a 95 with the old constrictive intake, and the new ones are a lot better. Also, the gear ratio's changed in 96 & again in 97, it will make his car faster if he gets one. See if you can find out where he got his NOS and how much it is. I WANT SOME! One last thing, tell him he shouldn't be running NOS in a TBird unless he gets a superchip for it... he is slowly ruining his engine. He would be SOOOOOO much faster if he got one. I believe they add 20HP and 36ftlb!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts