Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a ticket for doing 61 in a 40 on a city street in Arlington. I also didn't have my new insurance card in my car yet but i had it at home. It expired 8 days ago.

What's the best way to solve this issue with the least monetary hit including insurance rate? I'm 17 if that affects anything.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
First of all plead non guilty and challenge it. There is a good chance (maybe 30%) the cop wont show up and you'll be cleared right there. If he does show up, you're screwed and the easiet thing to do is take defensive driving one saturday. You'll get a discount on your insurance and the ticket will be forgotten if you can make it one year without getting another.

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
ok here is your best bet.Talk to a lawyer and see what he says.I think you can challenge the ticket and get it dismissed but no insurance. they will probably ask if you have proof that you were covered.If you don't have it your going to get that fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have insurance and proof. Just not int the car. Would a lawyer cost more than the ticket?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can take a driving saftey class for $95 and pay the $164 fee for the ticket after i get the insurance thing cleared. If the violation is removed from my record, will my insurance still charge me extra?

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
From my experience, not having your insurance or license with you is the same thing as having a headlight or taillight out. All I've needed to do before is just take the card to the judge and show proof that I was insured at the time. If you werent insured at the time then there really isnt anything you can do besides just take whatever they want to give you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts