Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone's mx6 tick or is it mine? It didn't do it when I first got it, but now it does. It has about 70,000 miles. A guy who lives by me has an mx6 and his does it too. Is this something bad? What do I need fixed?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
eh....

you probably have a lifter knock. i do not know exactly why it happens, but if you keep up with oil changes and keep the oil full you shouldnt have any problems. its more of a nusiance.

my 6 started to get a lifter knock, but my oil sending unit had to be replaced. after being replaced, the knock went away. :)

to have it fixed will cost ya a pretty penny.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
think it is covered?

you think that is covered under a warranty? I bought my mx6 from a dealership and got one heck of a warranty.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My mx6 used to make a ticking sound whenever I turned on the air conditioner.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
mx6gal....

you'll have to look at your warranty. :) if it covers engine, u could probably have it fixed.

SolarSlash

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Try searching "HLA noise" (hydraulic lash adjusters)
It is very common when our cars are cold or in need of an oil change. (thats if the ticking is coming from the engine bay its not to clear) only ticking Ive had inside the car was the blower when on the slow speed.

cheers

·
Registered
128 Posts
in reply....

I had that ticking noise in all temperatures....although the noise differs when the engine is colder as opposed to when it has warmed up. At the time I was using a Bosch filter. After doing some intensive research through the internet, I decided that that I should change the oil filter to a different brand because of this term called "HLA". In a nutshell, I switched back to the original MAZDA filter and it stopped the ticking. I found it to be costly so I bought a Pennzoil oil filter and it works fine too!

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah, i had a problem with that and it was my lifters. i just went down to Autozone or Discount Auto Parts and got this stuff that stops lifter noises for like 5000 miles. it costs at the most, 8 buckz, for high quality, but the lowest priced is 2 bucks and that works well too. your choice! (i know, its f**king annoying)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS

Thanks everyone for the input. I will find out what it is now that I know what to look for.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
mx6-uk

gd do i hate that clicking sound from the fan!! drives me bananas!! and maybe oranges, havent decided on what other fruit it drives me. :)

SolarSlash

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Re: mx6-uk

SolarSlash said:
gd do i hate that clicking sound from the fan!! drives me bananas!! and maybe oranges, havent decided on what other fruit it drives me. :)

SolarSlash
How about "nuts" :D (they are a fruit arnt they??)

[Edited by mx6-uk on 03-25-2001 at 03:49 AM]

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
yes!!!!!!!!

thats it!!!!!! LOL!!! nuts!!!!!

SolarSlash

1 - 12 of 12 Posts