Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peple, I replaced my klo3 heads with ze heads and having trouble getting the timing belt back on. i have the cam sprockets lined up and the crank pulley, along with depressing the rod in my tentioner; but for some reason the timing belt will not go on. I know that I'm supposed to get the slack over by the tentioner but for some reason the belt is too tight. i need some help to figure out why this is happening. The belt was on the car before I started to replace my heads so i don't know why it won't go back on. i checked the timing belt replacement post but didn't find any usefull info. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
After you put the cam sprokets on their marks and the crank one tooth off for the slack, then put the tensioner on the engine and put the top screw one and give it 2 turns, then you will be able to pass the belt over the tensioner pulley. Now put the other bolt on and tighten both of them. Remove the pin on the tensioner to add tension and give the crank 2 full turns to see if everything ligns up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
timing belt

hey so I can turn the crank 2 times to create the slack or do I turn it another 2 notches after the crank is topdead center and one notch over. I will try that in the morning. Thanks

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
No you turn 2 cranks to verify that the timming belt is on straight, both cams sprockets align with their marks as well as the marks on the crankshaft. To create the slack you move the crankshaft one tooth to the left. So inseat of the arrow pointing to the U shaped indentation, it will point to the tooth at the right of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts