Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which way do you take off the bolt to get to the crank oil seal. is it back wards or something cause i was prying on it so hard and it still didn't even bugge. how do you take it off, help please.

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
you need more strength

m6gryder said:
im not using a rachet, im using a braker bar, and i was wondering which way i would take off the bolt. like is it back wards or what
righty tighty, lefty loosey.

Just like stub axles.:D

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
presuming familiarity with analog clocks/quest for shiny

m6gryder said:
so if im facing the front of my car push the breaker bar to the back of the car. in that direction?
Actually, if you are facing the front of the car, you would be pulling (not pushing) a breaker bar in the direction of the back of the car.

What part of "righty tighty, left loosey" is so difficult to understand?

If you are facing the crank pulley, you will be turning it CCW.

If the breaker bar is pointing at 6 o'clock, you'll be turning it to the front of the car.

If the breaker bar is pointing at 12 o'clock, you'll be turning it to the rear of the car.

If the breaker bar is pointing at 3 o'clock, you'll be turning it upwards.

If the breaker bar is pointing at 9 o'clock, you'll be turning it downwards.

If you are in the right front wheel well, looking at the crank pulley.

My kids understood "righty tighty" stuff before they were out of diapers. I'm not certain people who have difficulty with the concept should be attempting repairs of any kind.

EDIT: I guess this isn't a "repair", after all, but rather a downgrade that 21 or 13 people advised against.

Is "shiny" that important to you?

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
m6gryder said:
so if im facing the front of my car push the breaker bar to the back of the car. in that direction?
take it to a shop. If you dont know how to loosen something than you really shouldn't be aloud to touch something as important as a crank pully. I'm not trying to be a dick but there is a high possibility of you fucking something up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts